Sunday, March 13, 2011
Weekend Fun
While this past week didn't hold much excitement for us - we had visitors on both Saturday and Sunday which made for a very enjoyable weekend. On Saturday we got up and took Sawyer to get her hair cut - her 2nd ever. It takes all of 10 minutes, and part of that is me talking to Miss Kateri about what we're going to do. Sawyer stayed still like a statue the whole time and didn't say anything until she was allowed to pick out what barrette she could have for her hair. At this point she perked up because she also gets to pick out a sucker. It went so fast that we went for a drive after to explore some neighboring towns rather than just go right home. Luckily we got word that some friends would be in the hood and wanted to come over for lunch. So we hurried on home so that Leo, Breanne, Isabella and Ethan could stop by and play for a bit.
Isabella and Sawyer took a little bit to warm up with each other - sharing wasn't their number one priority. However, they eventually got into a groove, and by the time they left she was showing Isabella her room. So while Sawyer had started Saturday morning telling me I was her best friend, that only lasted till 2pm when Isabella became her best friend.
Sadly, Isabella got the boot as best friend today when Aimee, Jon, Reese, and Sammy came over. When Reese left, Sawyer declared her the new best friend. Sawyer has been talking about Reese coming over for several days (we kept postponing it because she has been sick), but when she finally walked in the door Sawyer became a mute. Not only that she became highly protective of all her toys. The girls also eventually settled in with each other and were running around in circles, pretending to be lions and tigers, and running around in the basement. Sammy and Isla just sort of hung out while their sisters played, but we are hoping this summer they'll be mobile and able to get in on the action.
Other than that, we did some home projects this week. Mark almost finished painting the dining room, and got the paint for the living room. We ordered some furniture for the living room/my office, and got some decor for the playroom. I bought two vinyl trees that go on the wall for the playroom, and so Mark and I had a rocking Saturday night putting those up. We have yet to put up the 300 blossoms, hence no pictures...but I'm loving it.
As for pictures, when I checked the camera this week, I only have some of Isla. This pose should be familiar from when Sawyer was little. Isla has an equally strong neck - maybe stronger. She's so nosy and insists on either standing or sitting in the Bumbo so she can see what's going on. She also may or may not have flipped over from back to tummy. The one time I can't say for certain if Sawyer did it to her as I was cooking dinner and had my back turned, and the other, she got only 90% over so we're not officially calling it.
Isla is a very happy baby and tends to be all smiles. However, she may be giving me the finger here.
Isla's spot every night while we eat dinner together. This gives her perfect bird's eye view at everything. She stares at us so intently as we eat, and sometimes just licks her lips.
And this was the view from my lap this afternoon...I usually put her down to sleep now, but she hadn't had a good nap all day and I was afraid to move her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment