On top of all that, our girl is finally going to get some teeth. They've yet to break through but you can seriously feel them now. She has also finally gotten past her food texture issue, so I think as soon as we run out of baby food that'll be it for us. So far, she's a huge fan of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, peas, ravioli, toast, and noodles in general. Perfect timing as it'll make our Thanksgiving trip out of town much easier not having to lug baby food. She's not yet talking as much as Sawyer was at this point. Her favorite word is dada, but mama, uh-oh, and mmmm (she imitates us as we eat) are also used.
So this weekend was really nice here in Chicago. Yesterday was chilly but no wind, whereas today was almost warm but windy. On both days we did some raking and have nine bags of leaves to show for it. For a small lawn, we get an awful lot of leaves, and have more to fall still. We got both girls outside with us for some fresh air and they loved it. Isla most of all - it's like she didn't really know what freedom was till we let her run around this weekend...in our fenced in yard.
Once Sawyer showed Isla what playing in leaves was all about, she really dug it. This is her "American Beauty" picture.
Taking a break. Sawyer has a terrible habit of always grabbing or trying to pick Isla up. It is usually painful for all of us b/c Isla is crying to be let go, Sawyer is crying because Isla won't stay with her, and Mark and I are yelling to get Sawyer to let her go...it's a mess. Oddly enough, Isla actually stood for it this time.
Actually, while I'm on it, Sawyer not listening to us is a recurring theme these days. I'm praying that this is an age thing and she grows out of it because the general patience level in the Harris house is starting to wear thin. If I had to sum up Sawyer right now, we have a girl who is highly emotional (crying at pretty much anything that doesn't go her way), doesn't listen or follow any sort of direction, and yet is super attached. She has cried basically every day the last three weeks that I've dropped her at her daycare because she doesn't want me to leave her, though when I pick her up she doesn't want to leave. Plus each night she wants me to lay with her until she falls asleep. Wouldn't you know the one night, I woke up at 2am after "laying with her"...oops!
So, these are basically going to all look the same, but I just love these pictures of Isla. Her opinion is equally as strong as her sister's, and yet about certain things she's far more laid back.
Yes, she'd just close her eyes and relax for a bit while laying there...
Or would just stare at the blue sky...
So chill...
It's almost like she was posing for us...
And just because we're getting really excited for our Thanksgiving vaca, here's our turkey craft Sawyer and I made today. Don't be too impressed, I stole it from a different blog I read, but I did draw all the pieces myself.


No comments:
Post a Comment