Thought I'd make sure to share some news as all three girls seem to be getting bigger by the day. Our 2014 got off to a bit of a slow start because the cold weather meant that schools were cancelled for a few days to start the week. I guess -20 is too cold for kids to be outside. All it did was put a bit of stir crazy into these kids. Sawyer was therefore super excited to get back to school and see her friends. Since then, both girls have started a weekly ballet class. They've done one class, and they loved it. Both got leotards, tights, leg warmers, and ballet slippers for Christmas. I'm pretty sure that dressing up was almost as good or better than actually going to the 40 minute class.
They both did a little posing before heading out to class.
Less fun is that Sawyer has brought lice into house. Let me tell you how much lice sucks. I found it because my own head started to itch but upon looking at the heads it was clear that Sawyer was patient zero. So thus has begun the crazy routine of lice treatment, and now twice daily comb-outs in the hopes of getting all these damn things gone. I think (fingers crossed) we've turned a corner, which means Sawyer has a shot at getting back into school on Tuesday. The nurse denied her on Friday so we'll see what the future holds. I will say that both Sawyer's and Isla's hair shines these days from all this combing. Thank god for the ipad because that's the only way I get them to sit still for the hour it takes me to thoroughly check their hair.
On a much happier note, our girl Margot is on the move big time now. She gets herself on all fours all the time now, and then often pushes herself back up to sitting. She pulls herself up to standing using anything she can get her hands on - toys, ottoman, you name it. She walks along furniture and will cross a room. Today I accused Isla of moving her, but then I realized she had walked herself into another room which is why I no longer saw her. She isn't full on crawling, i.e. bolting across a room, but she definitely does reverse and seems to go 2-3 moves forward. It's amazing how quickly this girl is moving towards walking. She also our biggest eater so far. Today she had blueberries and cut up raviolis for dinner. She loves regular food. She still eats baby food, but we're trying to give her as much regular food as possible because she's so into it. Raspberries are a new fave, though we may have an allergy to strawberries. Not yet confirmed, but I'll have to watch her when we decide to try again. No teeth yet but I can feel one on the top making its way down.
Today, I put Margot in her "m" shirt. I had bought this shirt for my friend Kelley's daughter Maddie several years ago, and when she came to visit a few months ago she brought this, and other "m" shirts she'd bought. Because she had her shirt on, Isla and Sawyer put their letter shirts on and so we took some pics. Now if only we have two more, we could add an "L" and "E" to make "SMILE". haha - not going to happen.
Instead we'll keep our little "MIS".
And here's a sneak peek of my afternoon. I had three girls who felt like they needed to crawl on me. Mark probably took ten pictures, and Isla made funny faces in every one of them. The girl cannot smile without closing her eyes, or she has the weirdest expression on her face.
After a morning of cleaning and lots of laundry, grocery shopping with my girl Sawyer, and then all this togetherness, I was pretty thankful that the kids went to bed a bit early tonight. Time to relax...
No comments:
Post a Comment