Saturday, January 30, 2016

Tis the Season

When we got home from Michigan it was time to switch seasons...to my favorite season.  It's the one holiday I have a lot of home decor for, and we put it all up that following weekend I think.  Two trees went up, decorations on the mantle, stockings, trimmed the staircase and doorways, put lights up outside, it was glorious.  It's impossible not to feel happy when you see Christmas lights I think.  Not only would I love to see them around town, but I loved pulling up to our house in the evenings and seeing the lights on bright.  

I do most of the decorations myself, but we got a fake tree last year and so Mark and I did that part together.  Then the girls descended to help with the ornaments.  Isla is ready for the season...
And you will see Sawyer in these jammies A LOT in pictures.  I swear she wore them all month. They love to put the ornaments up and see the ones with their names on them, or hear where I got them - like if they are from Mark's or my childhood.
Sawyer went around the house and took pictures of all the decorations - here's the tree in all it's glory.
We also headed into town that weekend to catch some of the town's festivities.  There was a Gingerbread family walking around, Santa was in his house, and there were carriage rides.  I can't remember why we went into town in the first place - maybe we went out to lunch? but regardless we stayed and hung out for like 3-4 hours, so these girls were plum tuckered out when we got home.

Here were are waiting to go on the carriage ride.  We waited probably 45 minutes or so for this, and they were troopers.  I was willing to walk away but they were all for it.
 Here we are on the carriage ride.  Everyone really enjoyed it, but Margot did not that the horse smelled like poop.
 Next up we went over to see Santa.  Sawyer was not interested / afraid to go up and stood back, but Isla hopped right on up there, told Santa her name, and started in on all the things she wanted for Christmas.
Margot was excited to see Santa, but unsure at the same time.  She did not want to sit on his lap, but was willing to smile for some pictures as long as I was in between her and the big man.
We hit up the candy shop, went to see the Christmas tree, and walked all the way home.  It was a great day, and I hope to make that happen each year because it was so fun.  Of course also high on the priority list was to introduce the kids to some new Christmas movies.  Sawyer got a special night up with just Mom to watch Home Alone for the first time.  She loved it, and we watched it several times more over the next month.
Because the weather was getting cooler we also tucked into some projects we had waiting for us at home.  One of our favorites was finally breaking into the tie-dye kit Sawyer got for her birthday.  I finally remembered to pick up a 10 pack of t-shirts at Target and we were on our way.
We don't have it 100% figured out, but the few the girls let me help them with turned out ok.  This is probably our best...

We are thinking of doing some tie-dying this summer the next time we're together with a big group of family or friends.  Lots of other random pictures - these two continue to be best buds...
Margot likes her alone time with Mark when both Isla and Sawyer are in school.  I caught them playing soccer one day. 
And this girl likes to dress up more than anyone I know.  WHen she has friends over I often see princesses running around the house, but she's equally partial to cows, cowgirls, and just random accessories.  Here she is wearing her beret.
And lastly, one of the highlights was going to Isla's school concert.  It was the cutest thing and I'm so excited that Margot will be doing it the next two years.

No comments: