Sunday, November 13, 2016

2016 Fun Run

I forgot one more thing from Sawyer's birthday weekend - the fun run!  This is an event put on each year by the girls' school, and always a great event.  The kids do a 1 mile fun run, and then there is a 5k to follow.

Here are the kids lined up at the Start line.  It was crazy when they started - they are FAST!  I think the winner ran about a 6 min mile.
I don't remember what our girls ran - Sawyer did somewhere between 10-11 min.  Not her fastest time but she had fun.  Here she is running into the finish.
 Nice stride Sawyer
 Isla also ran somewhere around a 12 min mile I think, and this year did not want any parents to run with her.  She ran with some friends, and by herself.  Here she is finishing.
 I love that Isla runs with a smile
The girls had to go to religion class, so they left after their race.  We took a quick snap with Mark who would run the 5k while I ran the girls over to class.  Margot and I managed to make it back to see Mark finish, and then brought him home.

No comments: