The hospital stay went well - we kept being told we had the best room in the house. We had a huge corner room with views of the lake and Michigan Avenue...it was nice, but being home is way better. We had some visitors at the hospital - Kathy and Terry came Thursday and Friday to see their new granddaughter, and Aimee and Jon came to visit Friday night. We enjoyed having them all and look forward to introducing her to more people!
We came home on Saturday, September 27th around noon. The pictures were taken just before we left the hospital - thanks to Aunt Mary for the outfit, and Julie for the hat - many compliments received on both. I was glad I brought the "newborn" outfit", but didn't realize what a peanut she is until I put it on her, and had to roll the pants both down from the top, and up from the bottom, and they still could fall off her if we stood her up. Anyway - it was a relatively uneventful day of getting back to normal - mail, laundry, and ordering in. Sawyer did great adjusting to her new home. It appears that her favorite things to do are eat and sleep - a girl after my own heart. We hope it keeps up. The only really funny thing that happened was that we couldn't wake her up to eat - the doctors told us to make sure she eats atleast every 3-4 hours, or more if she wants it. This is all well and good, except Saturday evening after 3 hours we started trying to wake Sawyer out of her sleep coma to eat again but the girl was unstoppable. I did everything I remember my mom doing to the nieces and nephews - we took all her clothes off, we were tapping her feet, laid her flat on our hard coffee table, and mark even got a cold washcloth and was putting it on her cheeks and forehead. It was our own version of Chinese water torture - The girl would kick us, or open one eye before falling back asleep, and I swear was trying to say, "Leave me alone, I'm enjoying myself." We did that for awhile, but decided to let her sleep awhile longer and she eventually woke herself up, is eating plenty, and is doing great. Sunday, September 28, 2008
Sawyer's First Day Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment