
Guess who took her first few steps with no holding on today?!! Ok easy question, but how exciting! Sawyer has become a bit of a maniac in the last few days with all her crawling around, exploring, and now she's even getting adventurous enough to try a few steps on her own. We noticed the last two nights that when she's in the tub she stands up with her toys and forgets that she's not holding onto anything - so she would stand for a little bit all on her own before plopping down on her booty. I thought that was exciting, but today she was walking along the couch and took a few steps away from it to get to me. She used to hold out her hands and grunt at us saying, "come on - i'm ready to go somewhere". But no grunting today - she's getting so adventurous. Once we did that, we started trying to get her to walk a few steps back and forth between mark and me. All in all I'd say she did a good three steps on her own. Not bad for our little 10 month old. I know...nothing crazy, but after a VERY long day at work, this kind of made my day.
Tonight I am home working on some laundering. Sawyer and I are leaving tomorrow night to drive to Buffalo, and I figured it'd be much easier to pack once everything is clean, and Mark and Sawyer are both out of the house. Excellent procrastination/organization skills I think. For a nine day trip and a wedding to boot, it'll be tough to pack light, but we'll see what we can do. Fingers crossed the weather is nice so Sawyer can show off her swimming skills. I can't wait for her to get together with her cousins...she's the youngest of the group but I think she's now at a great age to play with all of them. Think she's going to love it...and i'm counting down too.
No comments:
Post a Comment