While I was there I met some of the other parents, mostly hung out with Elle's grandma. Elle is Sawyer's best friend and her grandma loves to tell stories about her and Elle because she often spends a few extra minutes there if she drops off/picks up. Apparently Elle's entire extended family is also familiar with Sawyer and has seen her picture. Sawyer and Elle started day care within about a week of each other, and Miss Jackie would put them in bouncy chairs looking at each other to talk. This has continued and they now follow each other around, have a little nook they go hang in, and generally when one cries - the other will start. I've seen it - it's weird.
I had a little trouble leaving - for some reason Sawyer is great when Mark drops her off, but cries when I do. Granted this was a somewhat unique situation - she was dropped off - then I came - and then was leaving her there, but took me about 10-15 extra minutes of sitting with her, and then finally slipping out without her crying. I was glad I went though, and really do like our day care.
So not a lot to report heading into the weekend. We got about 8 inches of snow this week, but no snow days. I thought there was a shot on Wednesday - if Sawyer's day care was closed I was going to take a sick day - but no such luck. Since that didn't work out, I'm now ready for the snow to melt. Everything is covered in salt which ruins my shoes and pants, and Sawyer LOVES to eat snow - which worked right after 8 inches fell, but is now dirty and gross. When we go outside to walk to daycare, she says "Iwansome" - it's I want some - but the way she says it sounds like one word. It's getting harder to say no - she doesn't understand the issue with yellow snow.
The weather looks to be the same this weekend, so we'll probably do a few errands but stay pretty close to home. We are getting Sawyer a passport and need to go submit our paperwork, so that is top of our agenda list - you never know when you might want to jet off to mexico or the caribbean - so we need to make sure our girl is prepared. Aside from that, tonight starts the Winter Olympics which is exciting and will likely keep much of our attention over the next two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment