Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend with Grandma & Grandpa!

Well the weekend is again winding down with Sawyer in bed and Mark and I watching "The Pacific". We had a great weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Harris here. They left this morning and several times we would ask Sawyer if she had fun with her grandparents and she would look so serious and say, "Yes". This seems a small feat, but we get about 90% "no's" and only "10% "yes's" so Grandma and Grandpa must have left a really good impression. We started the weekend with just the adults heading out to dinner and to a Second City show, but spent Saturday together at the zoo, having lunch/dinner, and just reading lots of books to our girl. Saturday was a beautiful day out - finally felt like spring may have arrived for good. I'm hoping that's the case as I've been fighting a really nasty sore throat from all the weather changes, and I'd like it to be gone for good.  I don't think any of us were used to the fresh air because I think with the exception of Mark, we all napped on Saturday afternoon after being at the zoo a few hours.  Anyway - we got some pics of Sawyer with her grandparents doing a lot of reading.  Oddly enough she would get very angry with all of us when they would get in the car and sit next to her (it was like she didn't want to share the backseat with anyone), but when she was out of the car, she was fine and sitting with them to read.  Such a strange little bird we have.






























We haven't spent too much time outside otherwise as we had a cold spell last week.  We've spent our time just hanging inside, and have done atleast one additional egg hunt because Sawyer enjoyed the first one so much.  I don't think I mentioned yet that we took Sawyer for her 18 month dr appointment recently - over a week ago now - and our girl is still in 75% across the board.  She is 32 1/2 inches and weighs 26 lbs 4 oz.  All in all she was given a clean bill of health and told to come back in 6 months.  Of course after the dr appt (when I can't ask the dr about it) she starts doing something strange.  Starting Monday night Sawyer wanted to NOT go to bed.  Now we have been extremely lucky because in the past we lay Sawyer down, she grabs her binky/blankie, turns on her stomach, does a little butt dance positioning herself, and goes to sleep....for 12 hours.  Starting Monday, she would scream "mommy" or "daddy" over and over sounding like she was absolutely terrified of something.  We've tried to comfort our girl but it seems all she wants is to sleep on one of us - so my mom has diagnosed her with separation anxiety.  She's gradually gotten better as the week went on.  We moved her bedtime back about 30 minutes or so, and are trying to give her some more love before bed but I have to say it's the saddest thing hearing someone say your name, "mommy" over and over for even 1 minute, much less longer, and know that you're not supposed to go in there or she'll never go to bed.  So I guess we'll soon find out if my strong-willed child is more strong-willed than me....











We seem to have a lot of videos on the camera so Mark uploaded a bunch for your viewing pleasure.  While I haven't watched the one with me and Sawyer singing yet, I'm going to apologize in advance - I can't sing.  I know this - this is why I only sing in my house and my car.  View at your own discretion.

2/3's of the Great Easter Egg Hunt of '10...
 
Popping Bubbles from Grandpa
 
I love my mommy
 

No comments: