- The first is all me. Mark and I occasionally meet for lunch during the work week, and did so this past week as well. So I was wearing a silk skirt, a bit flouncy. We ate, shopped, and were on our way back to the office when I stepped on a vent to the subway. Yes, you've guessed it...my own little unintentional Marilyn Monroe moment. I was so utterly shocked I kind of yelped, grabbed my skirt, and moved away, but then found myself just laughing so hard. I mean at 1pm during the week on the street there are a LOT of people, and I clearly had just flashed many many of them. It was such a great midday belly laugh that I started thinking I don't have enough of them.
- Sawyer does her fair share of amazing us/keeping us laughing. Lately, she wore a dress that was her cousin Alexa's and shoes from her friend Reese. Though Reese is three months younger than Sawyer her foot is two sizes bigger. I'm sorry Sawyer - you may be destined to my small feet. Anyway, when she wears something I tell her "this was Alexa's" or "this was Reese's" and we say thank you. So now lately everytime she gets dressed she says "thank you lexa, or thank you reese"...for everything. She thinks that everything she owns came from one of them and so this morning putting on a red t-shirt she called out "thank you lexa". i don't know why it makes me laugh but it does; poor girl thinks I don't buy her anything
- When we change Sawyer's diaper, I often say "P-U Sawyer, you stink" because quite frankly she does. She has started pointing at pictures of people and saying P-U. It started with her Uncle Jon (PU Jon, PU) but has expanded to numerous family members. Each time she does it she turns around to see if she's making me laugh, and if she is, she'll say it over and over. Girl loves an audience, and she usually can get a reaction out of me.
- She has also started full on running around the house. She runs in circles around our kitchen island, around the couches, and down the hall to her room. Oddly enough she'll also go to the wall, or couch, or tv and she says "READY, GO!" and then takes off either for Mark or I, or just across the room and will do it repeatedly over and over again. We're starting to think she's going to have OCD tendencies.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Funny Things
I recently read an article that says kids make you laugh more on a daily basis than normal. That's supposed to keep you younger looking, but honestly the number of grays on my head are increasing exponentially so who knows if there's any real science to that. I have had a few things lately that just make me smile/laugh and so I thought I'd share before I forget them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment