Friday, April 22, 2011

2.5 Years Old

This post is dedicated to my big girl.  She is not my baby people - just ask her.  I was thinking the other day about how everyone says the Terrible 2's, and I'm not sure if I'm just glass half full lately, but I don't think 2 has been too bad for us.  Certainly Sawyer has her days, needs to turn off the tears and whining sometimes, but overall she's a happy girl who makes us laugh quite a bit.  Maybe it's terrible because there's just always an expectation that we have to be doing something.
Don't have a lot of pictures this week, but Sawyer looked very cute in this sweater she got from her cousin Alexa, and on this particular day decided she had to read all the newspaper circulars on the counter for a good half hour.  She insisted on reading every page and wouldn't get off the counter till she was done.  She would point out various stuff - screaming when she saw an M&M, or other random food item she likes.
So to give a little flavor to some of the funny things that Sawyer says/does, and so I don't forget all of them:
  • Sawyer says "Hiiiiiii Isla" within an inch of her face, every time she sees her.  She kisses her hand and hugs her numerous times a day, and usually at least twice before bed.
  • Sawyer's favorite color is yellow.  Again, just ask her.  Everytime she sees anything yellow she will tell us "I love yellow".
  • Sawyer loves to dance.  Walking into our house she often comes in and goes right to the ipod speakers to put music on.  Her dance moves are still in development - typically jumping up and down - but every now and then she busts out with something new that makes us laugh.
  • Lately when she goes to bed, she tells me "I need to take a good nap so that you won't call the Easter Bunny.  Because the Easter Bunny is coming to our house, and we're going to look for eggs, and they'll have M&M's inside, and we're going to get an Easter Basket, and then....what else are we going to do?"
  • I've started talking to Sawyer about our upcoming trip to Buffalo, and in the car the other day she said, "Dad, we're going to Buffalo. Mommy's going, and Isla's going, and Sawyer's going - you wanna come Dad? We're going to see Luke and Aidan. Aunt Jennifer will be there and Uncle Mark will be there - we're going to see everyone!"
  • Sawyer plays games on the iphone all the time now - there's a few shapes games and I love to hear her say parallelogram, hexagon, and trapezoid.  It just sounds funny coming out of her mouth.  The game gives four pictures and you select the shape that's said.  Sawyer is good at the game but has started to select every single picture that is not the right shape.  She looks at me out of the corner of her eye, which usually makes me smile because I know how smart you have to be to select every wrong answer before the right one.
  • Sawyer can spell her first word - her name!  I think it's almost like a song to her because she says "SAW....YER!"  She recognizes it by sight, and spells it from memory or pointing to the letters.
I'm sure there's more but these are what popped into my head...they may just be funny to me. 

No comments: