Apologize for the delay in posting, but we had some technical difficulties accessing the internet. The weeks themselves haven't tended to be super exciting due to work issues. I have had several work deadlines that have kept me tied up and needing to go into the office more than usual, but we've lucked out that Mark has had some relatively slow weeks, and were able to balance all the kid duties.
Far more exciting was last weekend. It truly felt like springtime was finally here. We had an 85 degree day, with windows open, plenty of time outside, and summer clothes! One of the additional added perks of having a house was realized - we were able to keep the windows open and not deal with loud street or train noise. While the weather has dropped back down to cold temperatures, I still think about last weekend and smile. At one point, the four of us all took a nap with the windows open and breeze flowing. We also took a few strolls around the neighborhood. Amazing the number of people that have emerged - our neighborhood is full of kids! As we walked around we met several new neighbors and are looking forward to spending more time with them this summer. There were lots of comments about getting together to grill out and share some beers, have a block party, etc. Mental note - stock up on beer and burgers. Oddly enough, Mark learned that our one neighbor graduated from Michigan State the same year as him, lived in the same apartment complex, and shared several of the same friends with him and met another neighbor who is a former colleague of his. Small world.
As for the girls, they seemed pretty excited by the weather as well. Our little Isla Monkey is growing so big and loved being able to be outside looking around. I also think she appreciated the nice warm breeze, as opposed to the bone chilling ones she's used to. Isla is rolling around - I often lay her on the floor and she goes from back to front/front to back. She is incredibly curious and nosy so this allows her to swing around and look at everything. Isla is still not sleeping through the night (sigh) but she's getting better. Lately she's been up only once a night to eat but girl is just not the sleeper that her sister was. I can't wait till we have a night where both girls sleep through the night - I can only imagine how wonderful I'll feel waking up.
Doesn't she have a great smile? Isla has a great laugh too - we don't hear it a ton, but every now and then I'll be able to get it out of her. Sawyer is really the only one who consistently gets it...and really for no reason at all. Isla looks at her and belly laughs like she's the funniest person on earth. Sawyer continues to take care of her sister - when she cries in the car Sawyer says, "Don't cry Isla, I'm right here. I'll sing to you." She then busts out into either Twinkle Twinkle or the ABC's. We started Isla on some rice cereal in the last two weeks and it's safe to say she doesn't like it. She also gave a huge thumbs down to peas. She has made herself throw up three times while eating because she gets herself so worked up about it. Another dramatic child - check. And since I have no backbone, I let her try peaches next. Guess what - thumbs up. We've got to stay on peaches another few days, but I think we'll do sweet potatoes or squash next to try and make sure all hope is not lost on vegetables.
As for this little munchie, she's our funny girl. She loves to dance around to music, can find the music on Mark's phone and put it on, and now sings parts of the Rebecca Black "Friday" song and Justin Bieber "Baby" song. Thank you Miss Stephanie for introducing her to those - we had to download them she was asking for them so much. Sawyer has been loving her time outside. On Sunday when it was so nice she literally ran around the block. She was over a half a block away when she realized Mark and I had stopped to talk to some neighbors. She also spent a lot of time on the back deck watching our neighbor, Sara, who was on her trampoline with some friends. Mark and I were inside but heard her yell "Hi Sara" about 30+ times (no exaggeration). Everytime she did it we would laugh but Sara would say hi back. Sara likes to climb the fence between our two yards and just watch Sawyer, so yesterday while Sawyer was playing with a football Sara just sat and watched, and at one point they just both sat and stared at each other.
Our little princess played dress up this weekend too...
No comments:
Post a Comment