So we've been back from Buffalo for a week but I just haven't felt like writing these days. Still don't but I also don't want to fall too far behind. We had a great trip five day trip and are already looking forward to going back in July. It all started out a bit auspiciously - we left Wednesday morning packed with food, toys, videos, etc but within 45 minutes Sawyer threw up in the car. It was like she forgot to breath, choked, and then couldn't stop throwing up. Totally gross. We're starting to think perhaps she gets a touch of motion sickness like me because she has only ever thrown up in the car. Needless to say I must have known something was going to happen because I grabbed paper towels before we left, and had a spare outfit for each readily available. Thankfully, things settled down after that. It took us 10 hours, though with a 1 hour work call and Sawyer's illness that felt pretty good.
As we do with most trips home, we jam packed the weekend with get togethers. Most of the family came over Wednesday to Kate's for dinner, and then a few of us got together again on Thursday at Al's when my parents came in. Sawyer was loving all the attention she got on Thursday and just ran from person to person. I even remembered to break out the camera.
Sitting with Grandpa - do Isla and Grandpa have the same belly?
Isla and Alicia dancing in the kitchen
Sawyer cuddling with her dad
Grandma and Grandpa cuddling. Look how big Isla looks!
Still hanging out with Isla
Friday we all got together and went to Mark and Jennifer's, especially so that the cousins could play together. After some initial shyness they were all friends again...even willingly posing for pictures. Luke and Isla are going to be special buds. Every time Isla saw Luke she would laugh, and he seemed to get quite a kick out her attention.
Cuddling together for another one. Can't wait till the summer when we have Kaitlyn, Lauren and Alexa and they can all play outside at the pool together!
Saturday was our busiest day - we had a baby shower for Aunt Katie in the morning which Isla and I went to, and then Isla was baptized on Saturday evening. It was also Mark's and my 6th wedding anniversary, but the celebration was kept to a minimum this year due to all the other stuff going on. All the pictures from the shower are on Kate's fancy new camera but we got a few from the baptism on ours. Here's me and my girl getting ready to head to the front. Isla's wearing the family christening gown, with her name sewn into the hem just like her other cousins who have worn it. Cute as a button.
The godparents - Sue and Jeff. Huge kudos to Jeff who'd been sick but still made it to the church
Sue and Isla hugging
Getting her holy water. Isla's got some ab muscles on her because as soon as she was laid down girl tried to sit right back up and see what was going on.
Though she was a bit bored with the whole ceremony, Sawyer had the cutest outfit on - her whale dress.
One last pic of Isla with her godparents.
One of our first family pictures! I'm actually fairly happy with how it turned out. Definitely not perfect but we all look like ourselves which I think it good.
On Sunday we had another long day - Mark had signed up for the Buffalo marathon. He left REAL early to get downtown and Sawyer and I went with Katie and Ryan to watch later on. Unfortunately the weather was about 90 degrees and humid so our waiting at mile 17.5 didn't work out well because Mark stopped at mile 17. Uncle Ryan ran with his brother for a bit and so between finding Mark and Ryan we were tired by the time we got home. Luckily we spared Isla from the heat, and she hung out with Michelle for the morning.
Needless to say with all the activity the weekend went pretty fast - as it always does. We spent Sunday night organizing and packing and were on the road when we woke up on Monday. Mark and I were machines this time - made it home in 8.5 hours! I don't have the first idea how I'm going to do this trip by myself in July but I've got some time before I have to figure that out....
No comments:
Post a Comment