I woke up this morning to a temperature of 37 degrees outside, and 64 degrees in my house! I know, I didn't think I read that right either, but it was mighty chilly. Didn't even think to flip the thermostat on because it's always just been so comfortable at night, but my little Isla woke up with cold toes this morning. Parenting fail...time to move to the fleece footie jammies for fall.
So I don't really have much to say. The weekend was fine, we went to the farmers market, played outside, and just hung out. My patience was a little thin this weekend for some reason so my tolerance for whining, and kids crawling on me, and screaming was not good. I can't remember which night it was but I remember that Mark and I just looked at each other with relief when both kids were in bed. Other than that, not sure if I mentioned this before, but we recently went out and bought Sawyer clothes for fall. She's not totally done but she now has enough pants, long sleeved shirted, and sweaters to get her through more than one week of school. I thought I had a bit more time before I got her a fleece, hat, etc. but that seems to be incorrect. You'd think Isla needs nothing with Sawyer's clothes at her disposal but I found Sawyer had a lot of 12-18 months clothes for fall, and must have been rough on the 12 months because I threw many out. I was able to fix that yesterday when I was downtown at the office. My computer basically was dead with virus and hardware issues so I had a few hours to kill and hit up the stores for my girl. Rest assured, Isla is now ready for fall too.
Which brings me to this week. I've been single parenting since Tuesday morning. Mark is not far away - only about 20 miles west of here at training for work. If we had a second car he probably could drive home at night, but they have dinner and drinks for everyone so it's good for him to participate in that as well. He heads to Indiana University tomorrow for recruiting and will be back on Friday night...not a minute too soon for Sawyer. This morning was the first time day/night that she hasn't cried and told me she wants her dad. Perhaps it was because she woke up and said Mom - I wet the bed. Oops. Two nights ago Sawyer woke up at 1:30 and I had to retuck her in, and Isla was up at 5a and needed a quick snuggle before getting up at 6:30...so last night when neither required me to get out of bed, and I let Sawyer sleep in till 7:30 I thought it was going to be a great start to the day. Until she said that. Actually it wasn't bad, but just means that laundry day moved up.
Sawyer looked so cute in some of her new clothes and shoes that I took her picture before "school". I see this as her Pre-School 1 school year picture. While our situation is a little different in that she goes year-round and full day, she has this year and next before she heads off to Kindergarten...we think. Sawyer actually misses the September 1st cutoff in Chicago so technically shouldn't go to Kindergarten until she's almost 6, but I don't think that's going to work for our girl, so we have to get the district to approve her to go early. Who knew I'd have to think about these things so far in advance.
Isla happens to be wearing the exact same outfit from my last post (whoops!). Aunt Jennifer sure does buy great clothes! Stay tuned for her new wardrobe to be unveiled over the coming weeks...
She has an obsession with keys. Cries hysterically if I try to take them away. On a happier note, Isla is officially standing on her own. Not even sure Mark knows that yet. She used to do it occasionally not realizing she had let go, but now she seems to let go intentionally and can stand for a good amount of time. I even thought she was going to take her first steps when I dropped her off at daycare today - she was holding onto a chair when she saw one of the teachers she loves. You could tell she wanted to get over to her, and she considered and started to take a few steps towards her but at the last minute sat down and crawled to her. Everyone in the room stopped and pointed, and was like, has she done that before?
While it's on my mind, my little Isla is still a little stinker about eating table food. It's kind of comical because she will house a container of baby food but looks at cheerios as if they're trash. She will eat puffs, yogurt melts, and these shortbread teething crackers I found (and no - still no teeth). I tried to give her mini peas, little pieces of toast with butter and cinnamon/sugar, cut blueberries, pieces of noodles, peaches, bananas, avocado. Of these, she licked a few pieces of toast, and put a few blueberries in her mouth before spitting them out. The others she wouldn't even touch - not even to push them aside on her tray. She literally picks around them and is careful not to touch them at all. Between that and having no interest at all in holding her own bottle, I think she's taking this concept of being my baby a bit far. And yet, I do love her so.
No comments:
Post a Comment