So anyway, Isla turned 9 months last Friday, and following her check-up at the doctor I found myself doing just that - comparing. Isla weighed in at 18 lb 6 oz, and 26 3/4 inches. I don't have the percentiles because I forgot to ask, but she's a good three pounds less than Sawyer and over an inch shorter. Can't say I expected that because she was taller last appointment. Isla was throwing a fit while we were there though so I'm already curious to see the 1 year appt, in case they just didn't get a good measurement. Did you catch how I said "throwing a fit" - yes, our nice sweet Isla has developed quite the flair for dramatics lately and some hard core opinions. While she used to eat whatever we gave her, she denies every single Stage 3 food I try to give her...and whereas Sawyer would eat it and cry at the same time, Isla refuses to even open her mouth, clenching it closed. She is not at all digging table food, and on several occasions has made herself gag and throw up. I'm not sure how the SLIVER of ripe banana I gave her did that, but whatever. Other than that, Isla, gets real mad if I put her on the floor or walk away from her, and seems to yell? at me if I don't help her walk by offering my hands. She is up and cruising with furniture earlier than Sawyer was, but not sure when she'll finally master walking - she's a far better crawler than Sawyer so the drive might not be there as much. Isla is even starting to get more fiesty with Sawyer...though she also still finds Sawyer to be the funniest person she knows.
At any rate, the doctor's appointment kicked off our weekend, and after that it was a weekend of beautiful weather and fun things to do...to be told primarily through pictures because it's easier...
Isla has finally snapped back out of her up once a night trend, and is back sleeping through the night, so the girls woke up happy and ready to play. Yes...Sawyer still puts her in the doll stroller, only now Isla loves it.
We hit up some finger/sponge painting.
Isla is getting into sitting on/riding her car
They help her get around...here she is pushing both into the family room
That Saturday morning I also did a 5k run in our neighborhood. I've needed some workout motivation and since the race literally went past our house, it's not a hard sell. Sawyer and Mark sat in the driveway and cheered for me while I ran by. I'm not a runner like Mark, but I was pretty happy with how I did.
No rest for the weary...we headed out around lunch to a 1st birthday party for two twin boys. It was a great Chicago summer day so we spent the whole afternoon outside hanging out, and Sawyer spent hours in the bounce house that they had there. While the picture here doesn't do it justice, she was sweating from jumping so much and her hair was little wet ringlets.
And just because they are too cute not to show...the birthday boys starting to pounce on their cake.
The next day we had some friends come to our house to play. Kevin, Katie, Lucy, and Mia came over or a little play date. Mia is not yet three months so she just kind of chilled but Lucy is 2+ yrs, and her, Sawyer, and Isla played in our playroom together. At one point, I didn't even realize Isla was in there because they played so well together. After a nice lunch, the party broke up for naptime...always nice when the kiddos are tired and ready to sleep!
Weather was too nice not to take advantage so after naps we packed the kiddos up and headed to a new playground at one of the elementary schools.
Apparently getting over some of her fears, she's now a climber.
Getting in on the action
We've had great weather, but can tell fall is on it's way. Before the 90 degree weather we got the end of this week, the nights were starting to get a little cooler. Isla was dressed and ready to go rocking her hoodie and new shoes.
Sawyer's favorite thing to do - the swing
Isla is less sure, and preferred to keep an eye on Sawyer
Followed by her second favorite thing - the slides

Was an awesome weekend with great weather - makes you want summer to stay just like that. Week has been pretty good too, though they always tend to be busy. We kind of go into survival mode - eat, sleep, work/school...our extracurriculars go down significantly. Heading into this long weekend we have very little planned which is fine by me.










No comments:
Post a Comment