Back to our weekend. We did a lot of relaxing and hanging with these girls:
I'm pretty sure I'm happy with the weekend because it was a nice balance. I got two good workouts in, in line with my desire to finally get back down to my "normal" weight. I took the girls into the city to see cousin Caroline and hang out at her apartment. Sawyer and I hit up the library to return last week's books, and I thought to get more - but she decided to read there and then play the computer and opted out of bringing any home. We made some good meals, and frosted our Valentine's cookies...
I consider it a stroke of genius on my part, and a good recommendation from my mom, to use some of the dough from my Christmas cut-outs to make some Valentine's cut-outs in December and freeze them. So all I had to do was buy some frosting and we were in business. We had ourselves a little decorating party, and even Isla got into the action.
She decorated all of 4 cookes to Sawyer's 12 I think. But she didn't care and I didn't care. Kept these two busy for a good 30 minutes. We had the Princess and the Frog on while we were doing it, and I'm pretty sure they were both watching a song at this point.
And then it was time to eat a few...
And now we're chilling as the weekend comes to an end. We've got the Grammy's on and Sawyer is dancing to every single song. She does not like the commercial breaks, and is an amazing interpretive dancer, even putting her hands up when the song told her to, and clapping for the artists at the end of their songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment