Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Really Sad Face

I'm told that there was such a thing as a "Mark Face".  In other words, when Mark was growing up he used to make a funny face his parents then dubbed the Mark face.  It would appear our little Isla may have inherited a bit of that.  While I'll wait to hear from Terry and Kathy on whether it looks similar, there is no doubt that Isla rocks a face when she's mad or sad.

Our girl has developed some serious opinions, and like most toddlers doesn't like to be told no and certainly doesn't like when something is not going her way.  At any time she's experiencing these feelings, she breaks out this face. 
It's not the best capture of it because it's very spontaneous, and we never seem to be quick enough with the camera.  Here it is a few seconds later, when the tears follow.  Pitiful right?  This often has an adverse reaction in that it makes Mark and I laugh.
And just because I had a few extra photos on my phone, here is Sawyer enjoying her cherry cone - we finally found the perfect baby cone size that she can eat before it melts all over her.
Sawyer was so funny last night, and I don't want to forget.  This weekend the movie Step Brothers was on, with Will Ferrell and John C Reilly.  Funny movie and Sawyer totally got into it.  So last night when we got home from school she asked to watch the "Bad Brothers" as she calls the movie, and a hilarious conversation ensued because Mark accidentally deleted it.  Sawyer just didn't understand why he couldn't find it and record it again, but finally settled on watching last week's Glee episode again.  She requested to watch her favorite Lady Gaga song, which she calls the "Babay Babay song", which is really "Edge of Glory".  Anyway, we had to fast forward through the episode and stop at each song, which she then tried to sing along to.  Aside from Gaga, she's quite adept at Taylor Swift's "Mean" song.  I'm so impressed with her memory skills.

Isla enjoying her cookie at the ice cream parlor.  Our girl isn't too keen on trying new things so it's tough to get her to try ice cream.  I have to trick her to get her to try it and then she realizes she likes it.
 Isla has now changed her mind and likes swings. 
 Sawyer never stopped liking them...

No comments: