And pretty covered in chocolate - Isla anyway. They were in a posing mood.
You'd think Mark would want to stay home on Saturday after a week away but we had a full day planned for him. We headed off to Six Flags on Saturday morning because my company had rented the whole place out and then were going to a birthday party for our friend Sammy. The girls didn't really know what to expect with Six Flags, but we started with the merry go round, which Sawyer loved but Isla was less sure. She would not sit on an animal but did sit with Mark on a bench while Sawyer and I rode the horses. Next, on to the kid section. They had a surprisingly good amount of rides Isla could go on. So we did cars, airplanes, balloons, a magic bus and the hit of the day for Isla was the boats. I'll have to get the picture from Mark to upload but Sawyer and Isla rode alone and just rang the bell or used their steering wheel and smiled the whole time. Sawyer also wanted to go on the roller coaster. It was a kid one, but not a super small kid one. It moved pretty fast, had some relatively big drops, and you definitely got sideways on it, though thankfully only went one time around. She asked to go on, and so Mark took her, and she loved it. She tells us it was her favorite ride. I thought she'd be terrified but seems our girl is growing up.
We ended up leaving mid afternoon in the hopes the kids would nap in the car on the way to the party. Not so much - they were ridiculously hyper. We eventually went to a park and the beach in Evanston before the party because they were wide awake. Surprisingly they did great at the party, and I only got a few tears from Isla when we told her it was time to go home. I put her jammies on, plopped her in the car, and she fell asleep within about 90 seconds (no joke). I can't say I remember when she's ever stayed up for 13 hours straight especially with so much activity, but girl doesn't like to miss a party apparently.
Sunday was then left to laundry, groceries, and all the other random stuff we put off during the week. Girls were pretty goofy and we got some funny pictures of them wearing and playing in Mark's hats.
What can I say, she loves this hat...
And now it's already time for the weekend again, which is great. We're having a little mini party for Sawyer's birthday tomorrow. I think she's pretty excited to turn 4. She gets the party tomorrow with some of our friends that have kids and some cousins, she gets a party at daycare on Tuesday and then I'm thinking maybe we'll take her out to dinner or something on Tuesday as well. Should make her sufficiently feel special. I'm sure I'll have some good pictures to post on Sunday of the party.
But till then, here's a picture from Delaware that my sister Katie took. I love it, so thought I'd share.

No comments:
Post a Comment