A view into that project...
So a week or so ago, Mark and I created a list of all the home improvement ideas and to-do's we have had bouncing around in our heads. I went a step further and started to assign them to myself by month. What can I say, it's the project manager in me coming out. So each month, I have a specific room I need to focus on. Sometimes it's small (like September) and others it'll be much larger, but I am hoping it'll all even itself out.
For September we targeted the playroom. As most of you have never been to my house, you will not know that we have a playroom right off our family room, and while I had decorated the large wall that you can see with some vinyl wall decals of trees, there was another huge empty wall that was kind of bothering me. So I came up with this idea to buy a big map of the US so Sawyer (and Isla once she's a little older) can see all the places we're travelling to. She has a book about the States already and loves to try and recognize the shapes and location of them. Educational and decorative seemed like the right way to go, so I ordered a big old US map, and a slightly smaller World map...because one day I hope to be able to take them abroad. What's great is I bought push pins so that we can show locations I've been to, Mark has been to, or the kids have been to. It was really timely because with recent trips to Michigan, Baltimore, and Delaware we had some things to talk about. Plus, there are several others Sawyer remembers..
Anyway, so the plan for the playroom was to get the maps, and then I had to figure out how to hang them. Enter Mark's idea for giant cork boards. We got some big ones to accommodate, and it took some serious skills to get them hanging. I was drilling, hammering, screwing, measuring. But...I think the result was worth it...
It also requires some rearranging of the playroom because I also bought some hooks to hang dress-up clothes. Right now Sawyer has one Sleeping Beauty dress, but is getting dress up clothes for her birthday. She's hung up some play purses in the meantime, but I'm all prepared for our incoming princess dresses to have a spot in our organized playroom.
Needless to say, I was able to check off the main September task. Add to that, I ordered the firewood for the winter and so getting new tires for the car is squarely on Mark as far as I'm concerned. Now I need to check what's on tap for October. I'm pretty sure it's selecting paint colors for the bathroom and potentially the master.
As for the rest of our weekend, relatively uneventful. Mark went out for happy hour so it was just me and the girls on Friday night. I decided to treat them to some McDonalds and a movie night. They got into their jammies as soon as we got home, settled up against some big pillows on the blanket and watched the Princess and the Frog. Sometime after this photo was taken I also brought out the popcorn which is a huge hit in our house.
Isla catches me every time I go to take her picture and poses.
Mark and I got a babysitter Saturday so we could get Sawyer's birthday presents and some stuff for her party. It is lovely shopping and enjoying a meal with no children. Sunday we walked into town to check out the art fair, but no purchases made. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, filled with watching football and tennis. Sawyer tried to avoid taking a nap, but was so tired she threw a fit when I refused to walk into the dining room to take a piece of paper off the table for her (because she didn't want to touch it?) and promptly fell asleep on the floor in front of us. Mark eventually gave her a blanket and she slept like this for about two hours.
She then woke up with glorious curly hair - Sawyer has the best bed head I know. If she wasn't such a cuddle bug after her I might snap more pictures of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment