So what have we been up to. Well I'm not sure much. We've had some weekends with raking leaves, cleaning house as I said, and doing some odd projects around the house but otherwise not much to write home about. Since we're entering into the holiday season I'm sure some of that will change, as we celebrate Thanksgiving, see family, celebrate Isla's 2nd birthday, start decorating for Xmas, and do all the fun things in preparation for vacation at end of December. But for now, I'll just share the few pictures I have taken and leave you with that.
Isla and Sawyer have taken an interest in wearing my jewelry and decked themselves out with necklaces, bracelets, and rings one day...
Sawyer was pretty happy and danced aroundfor me, showing off her ponytail - one of the few times she's let me put one in...girl prefers her hair to be free flowing...Such good dance moves this one has.
Isla had us give her the same hair-do as Barbie. This girl loves all things dolls and Curious George right now and usually is carrying one of them around, giving them hugs and kisses. She is getting very excited (i think) for her birthday, and when we bring it up says Happy Birthday Isla!
A picture from Dad. I went out and met a friend for brunch and our girls were cuddling away. Turns out they actually stayed in their pajamas all day until it was bathtime that night.
Most recently, I took Sawyer for her first ever manicure. We pass a nails place on our way to/from daycare every day and Sawyer has asked to go for over a year. I finally agreed to take her..in part because I hadn't gotten a pedicure in so long. While she chickened out for the pedicure, opting instead to stand next to my chair or sit on my lap the whole time she wanted in on the manicure once she saw that. She watched as they filed, painted, and dried and went and picked herself out a beautiful neon pink color for herself. Thankfully, she had picked a dark plum for me. Girl was very proud of herself, and is already asking to go back.
And just a random shot Sawyer took of us sitting together. We seem to have very similar cheek structure, or lack thereof...
And with that, it's time to begin some nice Thanksgiving quiet time. I've managed to take about a half day off yesterday and today and the whole family will be off together the rest of the week. Looking forward to a break from work and some relaxation together.




No comments:
Post a Comment