After heading home we got some things done - Mark finished up painting while I finished decorating the staircase....it turned out really nicely in case you were wondering. Other than that, we just hung out until Isla welcomed me to my birthday by waking up at midnight with her second bloody nose of the night. It woke her up and so I brought her downstairs to clean her up, and ended up having to hang together on the couch till about 4am. Luckily I was in and out of sleep while she sat on me and watched her shows. I really only had to deal with her repositioning herself, and asking for new shows.
Come Sunday I got some great handmade cards and then we headed out to lunch at the restaurant of my choosing. I picked a local greek place, which was nicer than I thought, but luckily our girls were actually well behaved. I thought we might have an issue when Sawyer was complaining her stomach hurt and needed to go home to lay on the couch and have her stomach rubbed, but she quickly recovered when I let her play with my phone at the table. Lunch even came complete with surprise cake, candle, and singing. We had four forks and all of us dug in which was quite funny.
After heading home, it was time for some rest and then christmas cookies. I had made the dough Saturday night and so Sawyer and I rolled it out and made the cutouts while Isla slept. Sawyer is quite possible one of the more annoying people to bake with - she eats everything she can touch, including raw flour. But we got it done and didn't kill each other, and saved the frosting and decorating for when Isla woke up.
Turns out Isla is quite similar to her sister. She helped decorate, but likes to snack on the frosting and sprinkles more than put them on the cookies.
Very proud of herself...
And the final product - we used every single bit of decorative sugar/sprinkles I had in the house. Most of our cookies are completely covered.And after all that sugar, it should be no surprise that a dance party ensued. Actually Sawyer and Mark did a lot of dancing this weekend. Girl has a lot of moves, this is just one mid-action...kind of looks like a sprinkler move, but I think she was more mid-twirl.
And with that a nice weekend ends. It makes me look forward to time off at xmas very much. I managed to finish most of the Christmas shopping on Friday, either online or through quick trips to the store. Ordered the Xmas cards tonight, and hoping to get those out next weekend...though I should caveat them by saying I wasn't totally feeling it this year, so feels like our card is a little lacking in inspiration this year. Any grand plans I had were not realized. Next year I'll start earlier and actually try to plan out a set of pictures. And now, since the house is all quiet, I think I'll head off to bed like the rest of the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment