We've had a lot of time together lately. This has been both a blessing and a curse. At times our patience has gotten away from us, but other times it's been great. Such is life I suppose. I'm not sure we're ever going to crack the code on getting Sawyer to listen to us, and I'll put it out there right now I'm convinced she's going to injure herself in some way because of it. Both girls have more bruises and scrapes than I care to count, though I'm trying to tell myself it's just because of summer fun.
We recently spent the 4th of July holiday doing much the same - hanging around home pretty low key. Sawyer and I got out for a walk which as it turns out is a full body workout to push her in a stroller. I didn't anticipate my arms hurting after. However we were a bit locked to home the rest of the day as Isla had a pretty tough day. She started with about an hour of crying in the morning because we refused to give in to some ridiculous demands she was making and then cried for another hour when Sawyer and I went out for a walk without her. Add to that the two times she pee'd herself while crying and Mark had thrown her in bed for a nap before we got back from the walk. She slept for 5 1/2 hours that day, and then went to bed on time that night as well. So no fireworks or parties for us. Sawyer and Mark watched some neighbor fireworks which were good enough for her. I'm pretty sure a real show would have blown her mind.
We headed out the next day to drive to Michigan. There was a Harris family party on Saturday and to avoid doing two long drives in one day we decided to drive almost the whole way there on Friday and stay in East Lansing, and then drive home after the party on Saturday. We met up with most of the Harris clan at a local park with a great picnic area, playground, and a swimming pond. Turned out to be a great day and we always like getting the girls together with their cousins...in addition to Mark and I seeing them too. While they ran off onto the playground as soon as we got there the real hit was the pond. I was a little nervous if they would get in but they loved it.
Lots of fun was had by all, and lucky for me Mark went in with them while I hung around with Margot...or near her since we had lots of hands willing to help.
Sawyer even was trying to swim on her own so I'm hoping that she gets more practice in the next few weeks. My goal is to have her swimming on her own by the end of next summer. She'll take full time lessons next summer so I think it's doable, unless her cousins Alexa and Aidan work some magic and teach her when we see them.
I may have to buy Isla a Rolling Stones shirt after this picture.
As always it was great to see everyone. My plan was to make sure I got a picture of Margot with Grandma and Grandpa but of course I never had my camera at the right moment and am too forgetful these days...so next time. We hopped in the car and drove home after so it was a quick trip. Not a whole lot else to share other than we're already looking forward to seeing the Wallace/Griffin side of the family next.
No comments:
Post a Comment