Sunday, August 25, 2013

Three Months and Counting

Well the inevitable happened - my maternity leave is over and I've gone back to work.  I have to say, first week kind of sucked.  I didn't really want to be there, though I'm hoping that this week is better.  I have more things I need to do this week so the busier I am, probably the better.  In the meantime the girls have had trips to the park with Mark and have been enjoying the last of summer.  Sawyer starts up school this week which is exciting.  We will go to meet her teacher tomorrow, and then on Tuesday it begins.  I think she's ridiculously excited and it will be nice for Mark to break up the day for all of them.

This weekend Mark took Sawyer and Isla to Manchester and saw Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Ted.  I got some updates and calls through the weekend and it seems they had an amazing time.  Mark will have to update in detail if he wants, but I think there were trips to the park, pizza, and even more flying.  Isla made her first two trips up in the plane with Grandpa as well.  Last time I was there she didn't want to get in the plane at all, and now she went up once with Sawyer, and once with Mark and seemed quite excited by it.

That left Margot and I home by ourselves, which was really nice.  This was the first time that we had spent a good amount of time alone, and I was happy to have it - kind of like I did with the previous two kids.  We didn't do much of anything - took some walks, hung out and "talked" to each other, and god lots of cuddling time in.  Turns out that even though we can't get her to take a nap longer than 30 min anymore, she takes great naps if I hold her the whole time, or let her sleep on me.  Not practical in the long run, but it was nice for this weekend.  Besides...we were celebrating her 3 month birthday on Saturday so she deserved it.

She's getting to be such a big girl.  Her thighs are getting so big it's sometimes hard to get her out of this chair.
 Isla on the other hand has no trouble getting in and out of it, and wanted her picture taken with Margot
 I caught one of her smiling, but really she isn't always so keen of the attention her big sisters throw her way.  They often grab too tightly and smother her a bit so this is a bit more realistic.
 A few snaps from last week - girls were doing movie and a picnic and let Margot hang out on the blanket with them
 They even tolerated a picture when I put her in between...
And finally, since I'm not really in a writing kind of mood, I'll share a few pictures I took this weekend of Margot.  She's quickly growing out of her three month clothes so I wanted to snap her in one of my favorite dresses.

She did pretty well sitting out there, though when I tried to get a few of her on her belly she would flip herself onto her back within seconds.  I never had a chance to pick up the camera she was so fast.  Girl likes to be able to look around so she's spending a lot more time propped up.  She has also found her hands so she spends a lot of time grabbing her head, her hands, and starting to reach for things.  Regardless, she's a very happy, wonderfully squeezable kid.
And now, before I head off to bed, there's one last thing on my mind.  I've been thinking about the names of our girls, and I want to remember some of the other names we considered for each.  So far, no regrets - I think all three names fit the kids perfectly.  But for Sawyer, we also went to the hospital with Willa which I still think is really pretty.  For Isla, we were also considering Ivy and Winnie.  Some of my family may find Winnie funny as when I was growing up I was sometimes compared to that character on the Wonder Years show, but I just liked the name at that time for some reason.  And finally for Margot - her name was hard because we wanted something that worked with the other two.  At one point Hazel was a front runner and I liked Evelyn and Evie for awhile, but it really came down to either Margot or Wesley.  I love the name Wesley for a girl, but since Sawyer's name is also somewhat masculine we didn't want people to think we had two boys and a girl, instead of three girls. So Margot the little pearl it is.  Now let's just cross our fingers and hope when they're older they think we made the right choice.

No comments: