So just a quick update here. Not much to report from the previous week - it was pretty quiet all around on our end, though I did start up with some yoga classes which was fun. Long story short is I'm starting to try and get my fitness level back and so have tried Vinyasa yoga, which I'm digging. It's in 90 degree heat which I like, but man it's quite possibly the hardest exercise I have ever done. I am absolutely the worst in class and leave looking like a sweaty mess but I leave feeling refreshed and with a much quieter head than before. I did a one week trial but my plan is to continue to try and go to 1-2 classes a week when I return to work.
This weekend we actually had some things planned though and headed about 30 miles away to hit up a waterpark hotel with Ann, Ted, and the boys and the Draheims as well. Was a really fun little getaway with time spent at the waterpark on Saturday and Sunday, some time at a giant arcade, and just generally some fun time spent with family and friends. Sawyer and Isla both seemed to enjoy themselves though I'd say we're maybe a few years early from really getting full use of the facilities.
There were three different areas of water slides - the smallest we spent time in on Sunday, and was the area I think both girls enjoyed the most. Sawyer would go on all three water slides there, while Isla stayed on the small two and would only go if I was directly at the bottom waiting to catch her...even though she was only landing in about 1/2 foot or 1.5 feet of water and could stand/sit, though she did figure it out by the end that she could do it herself. We never made it on any of the really big water slides as one of us had Margot, and the other was with Sawyer and Isla, though we did spend time in the middle size. Sawyer went on the smallest of those water slides twice but ultimately wasn't loving the thrill. Instead she would have Mark or I go down and wait at the bottom.
We got home Sunday and were surprisingly tired from our mini vaca. I think we were both thankful that we didn't have "work" on Monday. Now if we can just get our kids to cut us a break so we can catch up on sleep life would be good.
But the real reason I wanted to make sure I posted was so I didn't forget to update on Margot. Our girl continues to have such a sunny little disposition and I just love when she gives me a big grin because she catches me in her sights. Her smile lights up her eyes the exact same way that Sawyer's do, which I have always loved about Sawyer. She had me smiling earlier this week as she did her first full night of sleep - huge shout out to you Margot because I woke up that morning loving life. Initially she slept 7p till 4:30a which felt nice, but then she rocked out 7p till 6:30a the very next night. She's regressed a little with earlier wake-ups and a couple where she's needed her binky a few times a night until she put herself back to sleep, but overall we're done with middle of the night feedings which feels nice. Neither Sawyer or Isla was sleeping through the night when I went back to work, and this will be my shortest of the three maternity leaves, but I'm thinking I'm better at figuring out what her schedule is/should be so that helped it all come together faster. Now we just need Isla to stop waking up in the middle of the night!
The other exciting thing that happened is that Margot rolled over from front to back today! It was totally random as I had just gotten off the phone and brought Margot down stairs. For whatever reason I put her on her stomach so she could watch Isla and Sawyer playing and within about 10 seconds she flipped herself. I swear she has not been remotely close before so it came as a big surprise. Of course I quick turned my phone on and caught the second time on camera. She's getting to be such a big girl!
Anyway, we have taken no pictures lately so nothing much to share but planning to take advantage of the nice weather this week before work starts, and then school starts for Sawyer the week after. Tick tick tick...reality is setting in.

No comments:
Post a Comment