Turns out we still had some sickness in us as of New Years. Margot and I both got diagnosed with ear infections - her a double and the stomach flu at the same time, and me just a single ear infection. Mark was also still struggling with stomach flu...his stomach was taking a very long time to get back to normal. Add some antibiotics and probiotics and we used the last week to FINALLY get healthy. Good news is we're there! This is the first time that everyone has been healthy, runny nose and fever-free since Thanksgiving week. Crazy.
Perhaps the somewhat bad news is that the temperature dropped like crazy this week so school was cancelled for two days due to (-20 wind chill temps) and probably should have been cancelled a third. So despite finally starting to feel better we haven't been able to do much because it's just not comfortable or safe to be outside. We managed to get out for lunch and a trip to the mall but otherwise are using this weekend to just rest up some more...the whole family has slept in both days this weekend!! It's a late Christmas miracle...we've all made it to 8/8:30, with Margot sleeping 13+ hours each night.
Beyond that there's not a lot going on. I had a busy week of work, coupled with the girls being stuck home a bunch. Not sure if it's because they are stuck inside or what, but Mark and I have not been too happy with the bold and disrespectful talk and greediness that our girls seem to be displaying, so we've been trying to deal with that. Today has been a pretty good day so I hope this is progress. And in an attempt to help this out, and because the temperature rose to a whopping 30 degrees I sent our girls outside while Margot was napping. It provided me a nice little hour long break, as Mark was also upstairs reading.
Best part is they had a ton of fun, and after coming in, we decided to do some snow painting to keep it going.
Not too much snow for us, but a good six inches on the ground to run through.
Both girls seem to love playing in it - Margot has yet to go out - she does not like to put on her boots, so the closest I've gotten her was in snow pants standing by the door
Instead of building a snow man they built a mini-hill, and ran and jumped in it.
These two filled up some pans with snow after this, and we used medicine droppers and food-colored water to make some pictures/designs. It's a winter activity they really like, and today took it one step further by adding sugar at the end to eat some snow cones. I can't imagine they taste good, but I'm not sure they care.
And now they're sitting together cuddled under a blanket playing games on the i-pad. If they would just get along well like this each day we'd have a whole lot less yelling and drama in our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment