Sunday, December 18, 2016

Brrrrr....I mean Let it Snow!

We have gotten quite a lot of snow already this season - each of the last three weekends.  It already feels like more than we had last year altogether.  And, I don't mind it.  In fact it looks beautiful and we're not quite at that annoying, ugly February snow.  Right now we're still in the "it's new - it's snowing" feel of December.

I took some pictures the other night when the girls were playing and thought some turned out ok.  I was playing around with my camera settings to try and get the Christmas light pictures right, and am still learning.  But here's two girls out by all the lights, with lots of snow falling all around us!
 And Margot was catching snow flakes in her mouth.  She didn't last much longer - as you can see her hat and gloves were covered in snow and so she got cold pretty quickly.
 Sawyer and Isla lasted much longer - playing with the sleds and just generally running around - with some occasional posing for me.
 Isla was pretty psyched to be outside...
 Sometimes they play well together....
And while we got another couple of inches today, there's no playing outside because it is apparently 2 degrees, which feels like -15 degrees, and is certainly not a day to be outside for any amount of time. Though we do hope to get to the sledding hill over our holiday break after Christmas for some fun.  I will be sure to take pictures if we do.

And that's life around here lately.  The kids and Mark are headed to Michigan for a few days while I close out work for the year, and then will be back on my last day for us to start our Christmas celebrations together.  As the many Advent calendars show, we are counting down....

No comments: