Sunday, December 18, 2016

Recitals and Holiday Shows, Oh MY!

Isla and Margot both did ballet and tap this fall, and it all culminated in a small recital last weekend. Sadly, Mark got stuck in Vegas an extra night and had to miss it, but thankful for technology I was able to record each of the performances on my phone and he saw them anyway.

Both girls were excited, and happy to be wearing a bit of make-up.  Truth be told, Isla sort of scares me in makeup.  She's so darn pale it just didn't really work well on her.  Note to self when she gets older :).  But she looked darling otherwise.
Sawyer had a birthday party at the same time, and so because Mark was also not there, it was just me flying solo with these two.  I dropped them both off in the appointed room - here is Margot first in line for the first show!!  She looked adorable in her new ballet skirt and her hair in a pony tail.
I went and found a seat towards the back where I could record from, and had a great view of my girl waiting in line for her show to start.  Both were doing a tap routine - Margot's to Hark the Herald Angels Sing and Isla's to Jingle Bell Rock.  To say Margot was adorable is an understatement.  I know I'm biased, but I think others would agree.  She was probably the youngest/smallest in the group and certainly not the best dancer, but she kept up really well and made me smile.
Isla's group wore Santa hats and did a great job. I had watched the rehearsal the day before and I can say that they did a better job for the full performance than the practice.  Here she is about to start her performance on stage.
 It was great because they had six classes in each performance - and five or six performances throughout the day, so you only went to a show that was about 20-25 minutes long.  Luckily, my two girls were in the same session, so we went to one show and were done.

Then, two days later Mark and I had the pleasure of going to St Joe's Preschool holiday show.  It's held in the meeting room next door to the classrooms, and is so cute.  They sang six songs that correlated to the telling of the night Jesus was born.  Mark and I were in the front and had a great view of our girl.  She was a bit nervous we think b/c she came out mouthing her songs, but she did great, and boy does she love applause.  She locked eyes with Mark and I pretty much the whole show, so this was our view....
 While singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and raising her star in the air....
We stayed and had some snacks, took some pictures, and all around had a great last day of school until 2017.  Now she has THREE weeks off!  Dear god - this girl is going to be ready for school when the time comes.

No comments: