
Sawyer is getting to be such a big girl, literally and figuratively. Just kidding, she's pudgy but pretty darned close to perfect in my mind...except for the whole getting sick thing, and pooping thing, and I'll even throw in the spitting up thing. No really, we love her, and just can't believe how grown up she's getting. Sawyer can pretty much sit up on her own now. We still need to leave a pillow of some kind (or my feet, as you can see in the picture) behind her for the eventual fall, but it's happening far less frequently. She's also talking up a storm. Oddly enough, she seems to have the most to say in the mornings or when she's on her changing table getting a new diaper. She says gaga and dada over and over again, but we're pretty sure she has no idea what it means - still just babble. So not counting that as a first word just yet, although I'm starting to think she may understand the meaning of the word "hi". I often think that she is saying it to me, and always at the right times, but I may just be imagining it because I say it to her.
My fave picture of Sawyer staring at me as I talk to her...

I went to the store this weekend and bought out Babies R Us. I thought I'd get Sawyer a little toy, and ended up buying her a ball, and some bubbles for when it gets warm. She loves the ball, and held it the entire time we were in the store and on the drive home, and even though she fell asleep, never dropped it despite my carrying her up three flights of stairs. In hindsight, I wish I took a picture, because it was precious.
So in other news, we went to the doctor again yesterday to recheck the breathing, and ears. No change in either, so just playing the waiting game. We go back in a week for her 6 month appt and we'll see how she's doing then. Despite being sick, Sawyer really only shows it at night - when she typically is up crying inconsolably for atleast an hour or two. During the day she is SO happy, aside from coughing you wouldn't think she was sick. Mark took some good pictures of her (i think) on Sunday that I think show a bit of her personality - she is so curious and nosy. I was sitting in front of her reading a magazine. She LOVES paper, and so just stared at my magazine and tried to grab it. Also, she would find Mark wherever he was taking the picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment