Monday, March 30, 2009
Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play...
This weekend we were in ATL for Mark's 5th marathon. Although the weather was a little chillier than we would have liked, Mark did a great job and finished in 4 hours and 39 minutes! We got some pictures of him running at mile 21 and he was looking good. I'm still pretty amazed he did so well because he was a little lax with his training this time. Now three weeks and counting till #6 in St Louis. Sawyer and I are going to go with him so he has a cheering section, and maybe do some sightseeing together the day before. We were delayed on both flights to/from Atlanta although thankfully Sawyer was good on both flights - but my days of sleeping on flights are over :( 
We stayed with Kelley and Brian and were SOOO lucky they let us stay with them because their house is close to the airport and downtown so it was just easy. A little bit dangerous because we are mucho jealous of their house. Mark and I would just keep commenting - wow we love the doors, love the molding, love the huge rooms and closets. It's a little eye opening to come home to 1/3 of the space. Sawyer became very good friends with Kelley, Brian, and Marley (their dog)...although it took her a day or two to warm up to Marley...I think the feet licking threw her off, but he was protective of her, and kept following her around, or sleeping outside the room. Sawyer was pretty spoiled because Kelley held her lots, so let's hope she gets used to her mom and day putting her on the floor to play again. I was just happy to catch up because we haven't seen each other in person in awhile.
We spent Saturday with Julie, Bill, and the kids which was tons of fun. It was storming all day - felt kind of like we were nearing the next coming of Noah's Ark - so we ended up just playing at their house the whole day. Typically Julie and I end up in Baltimore at the same time for a holiday, so this was kind of nice b/c there weren't 20 people all sitting around. The girls are all getting so big - Mark and I can't get over that Alexa is only 9 months older than Sawyer because she seems like a 2 year old. Lauren is pretty crazy - i only understand about 50% of what she says, in part because she's always running around and talking. She did give us a Hannah Montana concert which was interesting. The girl has got confidence, but I am unsure rock star is in the cards for her. She does love to talk to Sawyer, and always says "Baby Sawyer" in the cutest way, but also love to hug her or squeeze her face tightly to show her how much she cares. Kaitlyn is getting very grown up - every conversation she seemed to have something to tell us - for example - I forgot Indigo is a color in the rainbow, and thankfully she remembered to tell me. Although she pretended to be shy when we got there, she warmed up pretty quickly. Julie has the pictures from today, so i'll have to wait till she sends them to me, but I did get one of Alexa and Kaitlyn cheering for Mark with the cow bell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment