Monday, January 3, 2011

One Month Old

Our littlest munchkin turned one month old over the holidays and is growing so fast.  She went back to the doctor for a check-up and we learned that she is up to 9 lb 9 oz and 22 inches!  That's almost a one pound gain per week which is on the high end.  The upside is that our girl is now starting to fit into the 0-3months clothes, the downside is that I spend a lot of time feeding her.  I think it was a mini growth spurt because she's already started to slow down.  Isla was given a pretty clean bill of health.  She does have a clogged tear duct and also a heart murmur that we need to go get checked.  Two babies, and they each have had the exact same two things.  The clogged tear duct is even the same eye.  Sawyer's murmur closed by the time she was three months, and we're hoping Isla's does as well.  Sawyer never had to go the cardiologist for a check but I'm thinking that it's a pediatrician preference more than anything.

This last week was great - Mark took vacation and so we spent a lot of time just hanging together.  Sawyer went to daycare two of the days which allowed us to have some quiet time and even go to lunch, but otherwise she stayed home and played with us.  She is rarely separated from her sister, and did make Mark put her in Isla's crib after she woke up.
 Hanging out with Dad watching some TV.
Clearly she likes whatever is on. Our little girl is still sleeping a lot during the day so I think took this picture just happy she was finally awake for the day.  I wish that she took some of these long naps at night, but gradually she's sorting her sleep schedule out.
Sawyer and Daddy making funny faces for the camera.  Sawyer has Mark playing in her playroom all the time now.  She makes him food in her kitchen daily and typically requires that he sit in there with her.
 At one point she requested that Mark put Isla in her baby stroller.  Isla fit perfectly and looked so cute.
Of course Sawyer had to take her for a walk around the house....followed closely by me to make sure there was no pitching Isla out of the stroller, intentionally or not.
 Clearly, it was then Sawyer's turn to be pushed around in the stroller.
We had a pretty uneventful New Year's at the Harris household. We had picked up some nice bottles of wine,but otherwise just had leftovers.  I managed to stay up for the East Coast Times Square ball drop, but am afraid I feel asleep on the couch before the Central time zone actually hit midnight.  What can I say, I'm typically up with Isla around 1-2am so I don't try to stay up that late any other night.  Mark made it, but must have kept his excitement to a minimum because I didn't wake up from any shouts.

Today we started to get back into our normal schedule.  Mark returned to work, Sawyer to daycare.  Isla and I are home together and she was so smiley this morning that I snapped her picture.  She loves when we sing to her, and that's how I got her going this morning.  This picture shows off her coloring a bit - she's fairer than Sawyer.  Right now she has auburn-y colored hair, big blue eyes, and the softest skin ever.  I spend much of my time just holding/rubbing her hands.

No comments: