Sunday, January 30, 2011

Two Months Old

Our sweet little Isla has reached the two month mark and she's getting so big I can hardly believe it.  She was so petite when she was born but has really started to grow.  We have little conversations with each other now and she smiles away at us.  I absolutely love her little "voice".  She still has bright blue eyes, beautiful long eyelashes, and coloring that makes me think she's inherited a little ginger from her Grandpa Terry. I've never really been able to see myself or Mark in either Sawyer or Isla as babies, but I'm told by everyone that she is Mark.  As we knew would happen, no one really knows how to pronounce Isla's name (eye-la) but I find myself liking it more and more, and think it suits our girl.  Whereas Sawyer's name seemed spunky which fits her personality to a T, Isla's seems peaceful to me and I wonder if there's a chicken/egg thing going on.  Time will tell if this cutie is more calm than her sister.
Sawyer still goes from loving to hating on her sister.  In one second she'll feed her, in the next she's trying to spit on her, lashing out usually due to a lack of attention.  Oddly enough, anytime Sawyer gets in trouble and is crying, all she says is "I want Isla" in a seriously pitiful voice.  She'll usually stop crying once she can give Isla a hug and a kiss, something she also MUST do before she can take a nap or go to bed for the night.
This weekend we had a little bit of a warm up and so Mark was able to attack the sheet of ice that was our driveway and sidewalks.  Sawyer helped Mark shovel the driveway, I think, though may have spent more time eating the snow than doing any work.  
It wasn't all work - they rebuilt Frosty (Sawyer will tell you that Frosty came back from the North Pole) and took some rides in the sled.  More importantly, Sawyer got her first taste of hot (or warm) chocolate when she came inside, complete with marshmallows.

Isla and I chose to stay inside where it was warm.  Though she lets me put her down a bit more now, her and I stay pretty much attached at the hip.  I've been making a concerted effort to take a few more pictures of her, and these are the result.  I love to watch her sleep...during the day.
She doesn't totally love the bouncy chair just yet, but did have some fun in it this weekend.
I came downstairs to find Isla hanging in Sawyer's chair watching TV with Mark...and she was liking it.



No comments: