This past week the family got hit with a nasty little bug. I woke up to Isla crying one night and realized when I went in her room that she had thrown up atleast twice in her bed. She was still basically asleep and so after stripping her down to her diaper, and giving her a pacifier, and giving her a puke-free bed, she was back asleep for the night. Everything seemed fine in the morning - girl was happy as a clam - but she nearly boycotted food altogether for the day, and the following day though she started to eat more she was not able to keep anything in. I knew she was getting dehydrated and thought we might be in for our first ever emergency room visit for the kids to get her some fluids, but she started to take the pedialyte and was on the mend.
That said, Isla was home from daycare on Thursday and Friday with me. That basically meant I got very little done for work. So we went for walks, went grocery shopping, and just did some random errands. As I told Mark, it made me think being a stay at home mom could be fun - I just need to get rid of the work concerns that plague me.
Sadly, Mark came home from work on Thursday and basically fell on the couch and slept for the rest of the night. That's right, 2 down at this point. He made it to work on Friday but almost went 24 hours without eating himself.
I thought I was safe and headed out for brunch on Saturday with one friend, and then on my way home swung by and picked up another friend to bring her out for a visit in the burbs. Brunch was nice and relaxing with great food, and we had a fun afternoon watching the crazy rain and having a glass of wine while the kids slept. I thought I had just ate too much at brunch but by evening I felt nauseous. While I never got sick, I just felt like I got hit by a truck and slept pretty hard Saturday night and napped Sunday.
Luckily, Sawyer stayed healthy and Mark and I were able to balance parenting duties between the two of us. Even with all that said and done, I'd say that the girls had a pretty good week. Sawyer is getting to be such a big girl. She loves her alone time with both Mark and I, either taking her to the store with us, or going to the playground. She is a daddy's girl and pretty much hangs on Mark's every word and action - now if I can just get her to yell for Dad when she wakes up in the middle of the night...Isla, on the other hand, is a momma's girl. If I leave the room she cries, if I put her down on the ground she cries, if I come into a room and don't go right to her she cries...she likes when we are together. She wants to walk more and more, and will walk along furniture so that she can come grab our hands and walk to where she really wants to go. She's found the play room and takes herself in there to throw crayons off the easel, stand at the table, and play with the kitchen. I'm looking forward to her upcoming 9 month appt so that we can see how big she's gotten.
Playing with her music table
Sawyer being silly
Isla's favorite spot - she spends a lot of time by our TV, holding the two sides, and changes our channels on us
First trip to the grocery store - she enjoyed all the colors and people
Playing in the playroom. Sawyer is reading - her favorite thing to do.



No comments:
Post a Comment