Friday, February 8, 2013

Some Random Thoughts

We don't have a lot to say these days.  It's winter in Chicago, what can I say.  We've gotten a little more snow so at least it looks like winter though still not really sending the girls out to play in it - potentially this weekend.  I love that it's starting to get lighter out later in the evening.  It's no longer pitch black at 5pm which I take as a sign of spring, even if it's still kind of far away.  

But all that really matters is we're headed to Florida soon!!  We're all pretty excited - maybe not Isla, but definitely Sawyer, Mark and I.  Since we're going to stay with my parents, this has increased Sawyer's chatter about Grandma and Grandpa.  Grandpa told her he would take her out to a fancy restaurant so she could wear one of her new dresses and no joke she has not stopped talking about it.  It brings this adorable smile to her mouth when she talks about it.  She has decided the dinner and Grandpa taking her out for ice cream are going to be her two favorite parts of vacation.  She has suggested that perhaps Grandma, me, and Isla should stay home and just Grandpa, Mark and her would go to dinner but I have assured her that isn't happening, though it made me laugh.

Along those lines, she has dedicated many of her recent pictures from school to G&G -this tends to happen with whoever we're going to see in the near future.  However, her teacher told her how to spell both names, and I was so impressed with her writing I thought I'd share for posterity...
 Grandma didn't turn out as well...
As for other goings on, not a lot going on.  Work continues to keep us busy, but we had a little hiccup this week in that Isla has a cold.  I kept her home on Wednesday with me hoping to prevent it getting worse.  So many of my pictures are from the time of me and my girl.  She's been in school the last two days but I'm headed to get her shortly because her cough seems to be getting worse and I have a feeling we're on our way to a nebulizer to help her breathing.

She cried quite bad when I dropped Sawyer off at school on Wednesday and told her she had to go home.  So she and I made our way to the store for a new thermometer, got her a doughnut and brought it home to rest on the couch and watch a movie.  Doesn't she look kind of sad?  This girl is such a sensitive soul that I feel so bad when she's sad.
She perked up a bit after lots of juice and a nap, though she woke up from her nap coughing and asking for medicine.  We were inseparable most of the day.  She played with her dollhouse while I was allowed to hang out on Sawyer's bed.
She was super excited when the delivery guys came to deliver our new couch.  She kept a running dialogue of comments and questions for them, which they were kind enough to tolerate.  At one point she was saying things like "there you go", "good job", "is that heavy".  But she was probably most excited when she was allowed to play on the couch.  She runs the entire thing back and forth.  We're getting pretty excited for when the chair gets delivered and we put the table in place.
Finally, we spent a lot of time with our girl Annie.  We fed her, watched tv with her, and she also came with us when we picked Sawyer up from school.
Not to be left out, here's a quick pic I took of Sawyer at school.  Both girls are insisting on picking out their outfits these days.  I can still somewhat influence Isla's but Sawyer gets her mind set on certain things and cannot be swayed.  In this outfit she went with peach leggings, a multicolored skirt, and red shirt - you can't tell but there is no red anywhere in that skirt.  Of course, all to be matched with her boots, which are likely too small but she insists on wearing anyway.  Every day she asks when she can wear her summer dresses, so thank god we have Florida on the calendar.  We've started making her pick out her outfit the night before to try and avoid the fights we've been having every morning over her outfit.  Further, since she has "gym" class two days a week I have managed to get her to wear pants at least twice a week which is a victory for me.
Anyway, looking forward to a nice little weekend.  Maybe we'll even get it together and take some pictures with the camera and not just my phone.


No comments: