Well it finally happened, we got some snow around here. It was a long time coming, and while it's basically melted, and was never really play-worthy snow the girls stomped around in it a bit before we headed to school in the morning. Both were pretty excited, and enjoyed being able to wear their boots.
They were not into posing for a picture together, so individual shots was all we could do...This weekend we've been getting caught up on some much needed housework and organization. While the housework is 90% done...folding that last load of laundry is always tough once you lose momentum...there is always more organization. The house still looks lovely, there's something about knowing you vacuumed behind the furniture and under the cushions that makes you feel good. As for the organization, now that Isla and Sawyer are sharing a closet, and insisting on both picking out their clothes every day, I've tried to make sure each has their own clear space. That's taken all my organization stuff from the baby's room, which finally got replaced today. So time to move back to organizing that space, and pulling together more clothes for goodwill while I'm at it.
Saturday afternoon we also headed out to celebrate our friend Robbie's 2nd birthday. There were lots more adults there than kids which was nice, and Sawyer and Isla hardly noticed since they were kept busy with the kids that were there. It was funny because somehow we were talking about kids sleeping habits, and I mentioned that we have some pretty good sleepers, and as a result I probably get pretty good sleep as far as parents go....while there's no baby around. And Sawyer and Isla proved me right that night. The kids didn't get to bed till 9p by the time we got home, and slept in till 8:30 or so....which meant Mark and I also slept in till 8:30. Ahh....sleeping in really does make a Sunday start well.
We ended up making our way over to the furniture store to hit up the last of the January sales and ended up making a few more purchases - an armchair to go with our new couch for the basement, and two bedside tables for our guest bedroom to replace the ones we recently returned. Slow and steady we will get ourselves closer to a furnished house. Girls were not too bad at the furniture store so they were treated to some cookie decorating...
At Christmas I saved some cutout dough to make Valentine's cutouts. I know - genius. We got about 14 heart cookies which is perfect, whipped up some pink frosting, and each got a bowl of sprinkles...must of which went directly in their mouths...
Occasionally they got on the cookies...
And of course a ton ended up on the floor...
Sawyer even posed in her Valentine's outfits. Her obsession with skirts and dresses continues. She picked herself out a ridiculous outfit for the birthday party, made slightly less so when I convinced her the purple Halloween witch shirt did not match her paisley multicolored skirt. Hopefully I can convince her to not totally give up all her pants but it might be a fight.
And now, all is quiet on our front. With next to no nap for either girl, the lights were out at 7:30p tonight and I haven't heard a peep...
No comments:
Post a Comment