Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Pretty Happy Easter...

It's been an action packed weekend filled with lots of sugar highs and also some sugar lows.  All in all, we've enjoyed the holiday weekend and are looking forward to what will hopefully be early bedtimes tonight.  Saturday started early and we started right in on our errands - Mark and Sawyer headed out to get him a haircut and pick up some paint.  They came home and picked Isla and I up for a trip to the mall.  Sawyer was probably the big winner, with the baby running a close second.  With the room getting painted in the next week or so, we went out and bought some new sheets to match...As third child I don't anticipate she'll be getting too many new clothes, but she will get her own special room.  There's a few pieces that all need to come together before any pictures get posted, but in due time..I made a trip to Target for some organization materials and Sawyer and I tackled the dining room craft area/supplies, and we also rearranged all the kids books - spreading them out into various spots within the house.  By this time Isla was waking up and it was time to dye the Easter eggs....

We did our own dye this year with vinegar and food coloring which both girls enjoyed...
 Isla was a bit impatient with letting the eggs soak but Mark kept her on task
And we were left with some lovely eggs for our hunt today
 Needless to say I was exhausted by the end of the night and the back was in quite a bit of pain.  We quick got the baskets ready before bed but that was pretty much it...

The next morning we got a bit of chance to sleep in, but the girls came down and checked out their baskets.  Isla again dug into the candy...
 But then watched Sawyer play around..
Sawyer was trying to use her new jump rope.  She hasn't mastered it, but I'd like to find her lots of active things for the summer.
We spent some time hanging out, and Sawyer tried on her new clothes.  In addition to this fine little frock she got some summer jammies and a running outfit.  I have told Sawyer that this summer when I'm able she can be my running buddy - she asked me if I could find her a running skirt and tank top like mine.  Turns out while I was at Target I found the perfect outfit for her, and she looks adorable.  I look forward to our first try to go around the block...
We eventually got ourselves moving in anticipation of brunch out.  Both girls had gotten a dress while we were in Florida which were perfect for Easter.  Once they were dressed they went outside for a quick jump around of hopscotch.  Not your typical board - Sawyer drew it up to 30 instead of the regular 10.
 We also tried to get a few pictures.
 The backyard was a little too sunny for Sawyer's taste so we went off to the front.
 I look forward to many non-prego pictures in my future...
We went out to brunch at a great restaurant in our town and had two well behaved girls, thankfully.  We came home and spent some time outside.  Sawyer pulled out her baseball bat.  The girl has quite the stance.
Oops...missed this one..
 Kept her eye on the ball this time...
And we connected...She actually did pretty well hitting.  I suppose if softball is in her future we live in the right town - it's the most popular girls sport here.
Isla did her best to not get hurt, and instead worked on some golf.
After a quick rest watching a movie, it was time to search for some eggs.
Sawyer is far faster than her sister but did good pointing eggs out so it was a little bit more fair.
 All told the egg hunt took about 10 minutes before all eggs were accounted for.
Was all in good fun, and once finished we went back inside to begin another cycle of sugar highs/lows.
Both girls helped turn the real eggs into deviled eggs.  I can't say that they make every cooking experience enjoyable for me, but I like the interest they have.  I imagine the reason I like cooking is because I did much of the same at a young age.  I just need to figure out how to limit Sawyer sticking her fingers in EVERYTHING - today she licked the spoon of Cream of Chicken soup while we were cooking which may be better than when she does that with mayo, or raw flour, or brown sugar but i typically find it gross.  Plus, I'm working to be a better referee for the girls taking turns at helping me.  Sometimes it works well, but usually someone has their feelings hurt and ends up in tears.

With that, we're looking forward to a very busy April.  Mark will be running two marathons, we'll be finishing up the baby's room, we're waiting on delivery of some furniture we ordered in January for the basement and guest room, we'll be buying a second car, and kicking off our master bath remodel/moving into our guest room for a month.  Nothing like cramming a whole lot in the month before this baby arrives!

No comments: