Just getting caught up on some pictures that I've had out on the phone. We had a relatively uneventful St Patrick's Day. It's amazing how being home alone with two kids and being 7 months pregnant will change the day for you - gone are the days of getting to the bar early in the morning, listening to Irish music all day, and partaking in the occasional shot of Jameson. Some day I look forward to Mark and I being able to walk into town and hang at the local pub for the day or even cooking up some corned beef, however I'm afraid I'd be the only one to eat it right now.
Mark was out of town this weekend for his 20th marathon. It was in Virginia Beach, VA and he has officially crossed off 20 states now, and ran a great race of 4 hours 15 min. We are super proud of him and glad he was able to get the time he was shooting for. Only one more race this year before he gives himself a year off, and me some time to get this bod back into shape! It was a long two days without him as the weather wasn't great and we gave him the car to take to the airport. I had two girls who needed to be entertained so we painted, played with play-do, had a friend over, watched movies, baked cookies, colored, took baths...we even tried to play soccer in the 30 degree weather for a few minutes. Needless to say I was tired each night going to bed.
Now we're back at it this week and already counting down till the weekend. Sawyer has been a little cranky every morning so I'm hoping she turns it around soon. Isla has just been devilish. She really is our angel devil - she looks so sweet and tells us she loves us, and gives hugs/cuddles but she has started to be more vocal telling her sister what to do, and likes to wreak all sort of havoc at bed time by jumping on the bed and refusing to lay down. Not good when my patience diminishes with each passing month of this pregnancy. Will be interesting this weekend because I think Sawyer is going to go visit her cousins in Michigan with her Dad for a night while Isla and I hang at home. Both seem to love one-on-one attention from Mark or I so I'm sure they'll be digging it. Perhaps Isla will behave more when her sister is not around.
As for pictures - Sawyer is wearing a hat Aunt Sue made for her when she was 1....it took 3 years before it fit, but it's her fave hat now.
Isla lounging in the pool at Grandma's during vacation...ahh - I miss this. Mark and I were just talking about the plan for next year and making sure family spring break is a priority because we had so much fun.Waiting at the airport to board our plane. Candy necklaces and bracelets from Grandma were a welcome treat, especially because they take a long time to eat.
Sawyer floating in the pool - our goal this summer will be for her to do it without a vest, but since we're suspending our membership at our pool for a year while I'm on maternity leave I don't know that she'll get in enough practice
And dressed for St Patrick's day. Isla got many compliments with people commenting on her Shamrock dress, her heavy green irish sweater, and even her fair skin and blue eyes making her look like a little Irish girl. I think it may be a little of people seeing what they want to see, but I'll take it. They got haircuts at the end of the day, and we got the curl back into Sawyer's hair so it's no longer quite as long as it is in this picture.
She even posed on her own...She was most proud of her pretty shoes and her little purse that matches her dress, which was not in the picture. One of our easiest day care drop off days in a while as she went in and wanted to show her teacher her outfit. A picture from this weekend. She took a great nap for me on Saturday as she wasn't feeling well, for some reason spiking a 102 degree temperature. But she recovered and was having no nap on Sunday. I made them rest and watch a movie, and while she didn't sleep then, she did curl back up in her sleeping bag while I was making dinner and promptly fell asleep. Girl was peaceful and in deep. I let her go about 45 min but then woke her up so we could get to bed at night.
And last but not least, as I never know if these videos will work. But here is Sawyer swimming backstroke on vacation. She's gotten pretty good with her form, and next step is doing it with no vest on to help her stay afloat. I'm hoping that being around Alexa and Aidan this summer will help her because they are both good swimmers.






No comments:
Post a Comment