Monday, June 3, 2013

One Week Update

We made it through week number 1 pretty well.  Margot is a pretty good sleeper which helps and Mark has been off all week.  We are taking advantage of his extended paternity leave which makes life easier for me because I'm still not up for chasing kids around all day.  So we spend a lot of time at home with a random trip out here or there.  This is my view for much of the day:
Our girls sure do love that boppy.  She certainly has a round little face, but also long skinny arms/legs, and long fingers and toes.  This week we've been taking advantage of some groceries Grandma and Grandpa got for us before they left - I know, totally spoiled, and had a really good cookout complete with kabobs, corn on the cob and fresh peaches.  Girls LOVED their corn, as you can see.
Isla didn't totally get into biting the corn, and I think did more licking of the butter and salt, but hopefully by end of summer she'll get it.  Eating veggies is not her strong suit and we need to figure out how to get more into her.  Her pediatrician suggested I start pureeing pees and carrots and green beans and adding it to various sauces, etc. so she doesn't know or continuing to buy her the veggie/fruit purees they sell in kids section.  I think we may do both but the pureeing definitely takes some planning so I may have to check out some internet recipes.  Sawyer on the other hand is our star eater.  Not that she eats everything but girl has got a great palette.
On Friday we went to the pediatrician to get Margot checked out.  She was discharged from the hospital at 7 lb 6 oz, and we're happy to say she gained all that weight back and was up to 7 lb 13 oz again.  Everything else checked out fine and so we're good to go for the summer unless we have concerns about anything.  While there, we also did Isla's 2.5 year check-up.  Our girl was just shy of 28 lbs and 35.5 inches.  She's 50% which doesn't surprise me.  In looking at Sawyer's numbers, Isla is a half inch taller than her sister was, but also about 3 lbs lighter.
Not a whole lot else to report.  The girls have been very good with Margot, though sometimes scare us the way they run around near her.  Sawyer can be like a bull in a china shop when she gets wound up and has no spatial awareness.  So far no injuries which is good.  We are still working on Sawyer's listening skills.  This girl is a challenge and really does think she rules the world.  Between her and Isla I told Mark I just want our kids to stop yelling at me because they like to order me around.  So we're working on that.  We're also working on getting Isla potty trained.  Might not be the right time but I'm not sure when this girl will be ready.  Yesterday we made her wear underwear and she pee'd herself three times and never sat on the potty.  Today she went to the bathroom once on the potty and did nothing the next time we made her sit.  I'm crossing my fingers that she figures it out sooner rather than later.  I'd say quick, but that is clearly not the case with how long it took us to get to this point.

Isla in particular likes to be our helper with the baby.  Every time we change her diaper we need to ask her if she wants to get the diaper and wipes out of the cupboard.  If I don't she usually starts crying and throwing a fit.  She also loves to put her binky in if she starts to cry.  And the last few pictures are of her just staring while the baby is on her mat.
 I don't have a picture of Sawyer doing the same, but she likes to lay next to Margot and hold her hand, and sing her songs.  Sawyer has made up some funny songs for her - I wish I could remember the words to a few of them because she really is quite creative.  Isla has also gotten into the singing lately, and is playing the guitar and singing ABC's for us as I type.


No comments: