Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Few Pictures from the Hospital

I guess long gone are the days where they just take a head shot in the hospital blanket and hat and give it to you.  Hospital photography is some big business and they came around before Margot was even a full day old or had even had her first bath - there were a whole lot of births in the hospital on the 24th and 25th... They usually get some good ones though so it's hard not to purchase...and purchase we did.  Got the digitals vs. the printed so if any of these or others online are wanted by the grandparents, etc. please let us know and we'll get you what you want.

I wanted just one good one of the girls together.  This first one just makes me laugh because I envision Sawyer and Isla thinking "what the hell have we gotten ourselves into here? (especially Isla)"
 But then it was like someone told them, "no, this is a good thing - be happy"
Then the photographer just focused on our girl.  I think she looks so much bigger than she really is in these pictures.
Switched up the hat but kept the blanket.  Our girl looks good in purple - this is actually Isla's baby blanket that Aunt Sue knit for her, but it's so pretty we brought it with us to the hospital.
 I like this shot, though all I see is that all three kids need their fingernails cleaned/trimmed.  That has since been taken care of since we got home from the hospital.
And one last picture of Margot saying hi / goodbye.  I feel like her cheeks are a little overstated in these pictures and her head is really not all that big, but perhaps it's the angle.  She also has more olive like skin now whereas here she's still so pale, dry, and scaly before her bath.  She has been pretty good to us this week.  She sleeps pretty well, though far more during the day than at night, and absolutely prefers to be held while sleeping.  I have yet to get more than 5 minutes out of her if I lay her in her crib - and we're not 3 for 3 kids who love to sleep on the boppy.  That thing is probably our most used "baby thing" of all.  It's been really nice having Mark home this week because I spend much of my time holding our girl.  We've pretty much stayed home all week, though did walk into town yesterday and grabbed lunch which was nice.
We're off to the doctor tomorrow for a one week appointment and so I'll try to update on how that went and add some one week pictures...

No comments: