Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Baptism...

We spent last week in Baltimore MD at my parents house and had quite a lot of things going on.  Because of that, and the number of pictures I have, this will be three different posts.  The first is a Baptism...

We got Margot bapitzed at the Cathedral of St Mary.  There weren't many of us there because it was the weekend before Thanksgiving but that's probably a good thing, because it was a LONG ceremony.  We had full on sermons, which I'm all for spreading the meaning of the ceremony, but we've got two small babies there who could have done without it.  Towards the end Margot just fell asleep while I was holding her.

Listening to the priest.  She was attentive for awhile, and especially liked the lights coming in from the stained glass windows.
 Getting the holy water poured on her head.  She was a pretty good sport.
 Our god parents were not in attendance, so we made sure we got the gown on later in the week and snapped some photos.  Marge is so happy with her godparents, especially because they sing church songs to her.  She loves some good singing and Jon and Alicia did not disappoint her.
 Another one, because I couldn't decide which I liked more.
 And then the the four of us together.  Disregard my wet hair.
 And one where Marge is more subdued.  Overall she's a strong picture taker.

No comments: