Well we can put another start to the school year in the books. Isla goes to school Tuesday through Friday and so she kicked off the year today. She's not nearly as effusive about things as Sawyer so I thought she was excited but she shows it in a different way. When I saw Isla this morning she was laying on a chair in the family room watching a cartoon, and didn't really believe me that the day had finally come for her to start school. I mean, after taking her out of daycare over a year ago, watching her sister go and us telling her it will be her turn "next year", and then having a calendar countdown where we just kept checking off days, I get it...she may have been starting to doubt us.
But she got herself excited, brushed her teeth and got dressed and was ready to go. She posed for a quick picture inside.
And then we got the family all ready to go again, and did some pictures outside. Isla gets dropped off first, followed by Sawyer at kindergarten, but at a different school, because Pre-K is only offered at 2 of the 5 elementary schools...and unfortunately not ours. So a little bit of a driving game but nothing that can't be done. She posed before getting in the car...looking a bit more excited, and definitely loving wearing her backpack.
Perhaps a little shocked that it's finally here!
And then because Margot took off down the sidewalk on me while I was snapping pictures we got one walking back. Sidenote - Margot likes to play at the corner of our street. They just put in a new sidewalk ramp and there's still a bit of gravel and dirt where they need to patch the road...yep, that's her spot...and that's where she ran to this morning...or tried. I caught her about 10 ft before the street. Unfazed by all of this was Isla.
And then Sawyer and Mark came outside so we got a few with our two school girls. Sawyer was equally excited to head back to school today. Here's our two school girls excited as can be.
And one of my favorites- Isla looking up to her big sister. Sawyer really enjoyed dropping Isla off at her old school and Isla did great. She gave each of us a hug and walked right in the door.
Mark said the next few hours were really nice with just one kid. Margot behaves when there's no one there to bug her, and actually plays really well by herself. I think she might start to like this alone time with her Dad. School ended less than three hours later and Mark went to pick them up at the two schools, and I was treated to this little girl:
They made crowns for the first day of Pre-K and she happily was wearing hers. Sounds like it was a great day - though we didn't get much out of her. She hung up her backpack at her cubbie which hid her nametag, she played in the sand table, they sang about ABC's, she colored her crown, ate a snack and she even went to the bathroom..but didn't know how to flush the toilet so the teacher helped her. All in all, I'd say it was successful because she wants to go back tomorrow.
Sawyer also had fun. Today we just dropped her off at the curb and she walked herself up to the school and into her classroom. I didn't get too much detail on her day other than she likes kindergarten a lot.
And with that, my lunch break is over and I need to get back to work. So happy both girls had a good start to the year though.
No comments:
Post a Comment