Sunday, August 17, 2014

Weekend Ramblings

Finally broke the camera out this weekend, with some good success if I do say so myself.  All the pictures are super cute, but it totally masks the craziness and tough age our kids are at right now.  I think that Mark and I spend a lot of our time asking (1) Sawyer to take a breath and stop talking for a minute a day, (2) Isla to take the whining down a notch, (3) and all of them to please god talk at a slightly quieter decibel level....i don't say just lower than a full on scream.  They'd be amazed at how much easier they could hear each other when speaking at less than a scream - crazy, I know, but totally true.  Thankfully they do redeem themselves with hugs, kisses, and/or funny stories to keep us going.  So while I'll show the cute side in these photos, I'll also note that Mark and I are counting down till Friday when we've got a babysitter coming over for a nice little night out.  And now...our story with pictures.

Margot playing in the water table - she loves this thing.
 Also very content having a snack outside.
Can't hold this one still for long though - how cute is this behind
 Smiling after running through the sprinkler for a bit.
 Contemplating her next move
 Decided to take it right to the face
 Less interested in running in the sprinkler - just sort of roamed around the backyard instead
 Isla posing - looks like summer bliss to me though
We had a few friends over on Saturday afternoon and all three girls got a little dressed up.  Margot's outfit was our doing, but Sawyer and Isla picked out their own.  Isla selected her dress and told me she "picked it because Ethan would love it".  Ethan is a year older than Isla and they play great together...I am pretty sure he is her first crush.  At any rate, every time we have friends over I tell myself how fun it was and how we should do it more frequently which I guess is the sign of a good time.  After doing some house cleaning in the morning, grocery shopping, cooking, party fun, and a few afternoon beers, Mark and I were totally shot and the whole family was pretty lazy the rest of the night.  Thankfully everyone slept till 8am, except Sawyer but when she gets up she goes downstairs by herself and watches tv, so Mark and I were able to stay in bed.

 Margot, with a little bit of dessert still left on her face
 Hanging under the pergola
 Anything you can do I can do better...
 Luckily they all indulged me in a picture of the three of them.
 I'm not sure which I like better, so I decided to post both
On an unrelated note, but something I want to remember, Isla woke up on Saturday talking about a giant that she saw the night before.  She talked about this giant all day - he was as tall as the clouds and came in her room, but didn't say anything.  She would use hand signals to show us what side he came in on and just wanted to discuss it all day - Sawyer didn't see the giant, but Isla told us Sawyer is afraid of him, and of course she is afraid of the giant too...on and on.  It became a joke to Mark and I after the first hour...four hours later and the joke was starting to wear thin.  Luckily the giant didn't come back the next night - as we were told, sometimes giants let you sleep.

In other news, Margot likes to eat all her meals sitting on my lap.  She cries a lot and tries to get out of her highchair, throwing a fit until I finally let her out, and then usually calms down immediately and walks over to my chair and will throw a fit again if I don't pick her up.  Always me, never Mark.  Always ridiculous, and sometimes funny.  Tonight, I had eaten a half ear of corn and was staring on my other food and little miss decided to take the corn and go to town.  This girl really does not act like a 1 year old.  Maybe we just don't remember real well but she seems so old to us.  While I would like to get back to sitting by myself to eat meals, tonight was pretty funny to watch.
 Comparing corn with her sister
Showing Dad her corn.  She carried that ear around after dinner throughout the house until I finally took it away, which resulted in tears.  So be it...
In other news, the girls got to go to 7-11 today for a treat.  It's sort of an end of summer treat, so we went this afternoon and got a slurpee to share and Sawyer and Isla got a piece of candy.  However, it turns out they aren't the only two that love slurpees...Margot does too.  She grabbed onto that slurpee before we left the store and fought her sisters for it at home too.  I'm starting to think she's an old soul...not a 1 year old.

No comments: