Saturday was filled with all the usual items but when it's 75 degrees and sunny it makes you smile. We walked to the farmers market, did laundry, some grocery shopping, and went to Sawyer's softball game. The game was mid-afternoon so the two youngest spent most of the time at the playground running me back and forth between swings and jungle gyms, etc. Mark helped out with the game, pitching or being one of the parent helpers in the field, and Sawyer had a great game - she loves hitting and playing catcher. We came home, grilled out and ate outside, had some showers and relaxed.
Most importantly, before the game, Sawyer organized her sisters into having an iced tea stand. It was the first time they'd tried this, and so Mark and I weren't sure they would get a single person since our street isn't hugely busy. However, the neighbors came out in a big way and they sold out, making $6.45...They were SO excited, and Mark said at one point he was overwhelmed by the number of people. Isla was excited because they got one "driver"...haha. They decided to spend the money on a birthday present for Margot which was nice.
This is my soon to be 3 year old and I taking a selfie on Saturday. She is a free spirit and hard headed. She learned how to spell her name "MAR...GOT..." we have to say it very rhythmically so she remembers it. The girl can't write a single letter - she can do a circle so perhaps we can call it an O, but in reality we've failed this third child in the writing department. That said, she's smart as a whip and so I'm thinking preschool should be helpful and she should catch right up.
While we were out at the farmer's market on Saturday we swung past the running store and picked up some race packets for a run in town that helps race money for a great cause. Isla and Sawyer were signed up to run the 1 mile fun run and Mark signed up for the 5k. I ran the 1 mile with Isla, and the stinker switched from sprinting to walking. She also took off from the start line like a jack rabbit weaving in and out of people to keep up with Sawyer so I started about 50 ft behind her and had to keep an eye out until it started to break up and I could catch up to her.
I'm happy to say that all three of our racers did great. Sawyer finished in just over 9 minutes, Isla finished in 11 minutes, and Mark finished in about 25 minutes. Awesome job by all three. Here's a picture of Sawyer about to cross the finish line.
And very proud of her medal...
The 1 mile race was first so we stuck around and did some activities while waiting for Mark to do his race..We got faces painted, tattoos pressed on, watched a magician do some crazy tricks - he pulled a ball out of Sawyer's arm pit and a ball out of Isla's ear that had them AMAZED, and we waited an incredibly long time in a line for balloon animals. Nothing against the balloon animal guy - he was a machine and made amazing things, but I never thought I'd wait in a 45+ min line for balloon animals. That one was for you Isla - you said you HAD to get an animal and so we stayed...
Margie got a monkey on a tree...
...super cute, but it popped on the grass while she was on the playground. oops - luckily she was a good sport. Sawyer got a turtle on a stick....also super cute. it's leg popped in the wind on the car ride home...she burst into tears. She seriously needs some coping mechanisms - Margie reacted far better.
And finally - Isla got a duck on a stick. She loves it, and she squirrels things away so I have no idea where in the house this thing currently is, but it is presumably still "alive".
After the race we came home and baked a cake for Margot. We also had our neighbor come over for 2 hours while Mark and I ran to a few furniture and yard stores. It was incredible not to shop with the kids, and while she's a young babysitter, she is great with the girls and kept them playing for the whole time. We came home to a dance party. We were able to pick up our flowers, veggies, and herbs for the summer and are hoping for some bountiful crops. We spent a lot of time planting and watering and then celebrating Margot's birthday - pictures to come.
Before I go - here's some from a few weeks back of the girls playing dress up. Isla in particular was hilarious. She had a ton of different things on - beret, lei necklace, tutu, butterfly cape, superman cape, and rabbit fur scarf. I have no idea what she "was" but she had a great time flying all over the house. Mark was a ballerina. Fitting as the girl walks on her tippy toes ALL the time. I think both may actually do ballet come the fall. Isla seems to have renewed interest in it, and Margot just wants to try it.
And one all on her own...
And of our ballerina doing a twirl...







No comments:
Post a Comment