So, I fully anticipate that we'll be celebrating our girl's 3rd birthday a couple of times. She's asked to go to Pump It Up for open jump, which we're planning to do next weekend. And, we decided to celebrate on Sunday because I'm due to be home late on Tuesday - #parentingfail..I know. I don't have control over this particular meeting, so I wanted to be there when Margot opened her presents, had her requested dinner - cheezgaburrs - and had cake. We opened one present on Saturday and broke out lots of outdoor sidewalk paint and chalk from Alicia, Jon and Harlow. The girls were digging it...and fighting over it, of course. It didn't matter that it was Margot's present, everyone wanted to do it immediately.
Sawyer getting in on the action
Margot using the air sprayer...up and down the driveway
And Sawyer's flower creation...
That was yesterday, and today we allowed her to open her remaining gifts. Her sister's bought her some play doh and a Frozen microphone. It plays one song over and over and is quite annoying but she told me tonight she loves her microphone so what can you do. Here she is singing...so serious.
Opening other presents - Sawyer and Isla were on top of her the whole time
She LOVED her backpack. She equally loved the lunchbox and already wants to fill it up. The backpack looks funny right now but she'll grow into it same way that Isla did.
She also loved rocking her new Anna dress. I couldn't decide which of these pics I liked better so I included them both. Her smile is just so big.
She's a poser, but we think it's cute.
She also spent some time outside playing baseball with her new tee and bat. And in the midst of all that we had our cheeseburger diner and then cake. The cake kind of looks silly - she wanted strawberry so we decided to do a pink cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries on top but the strawberries kept sliding off the sides. Haha - I couldn't stop them - even an hour in the fridge didn't help to get it to set. So it looks a little disastrous but tasted incredibly good if I do say so myself.
My goodness these girls know how to fight, but occasionally they pretend to be best friends...
Margot wanted to sing Jingle Bells to us first - the version with Batman Smells...and then we were allowed to sing Happy Birthday to her. She blew out the candles like a big girl...
And was so happy after she got them all out. We ate cake, took baths, and I'm sitting here hoping that all children are now asleep. I know Isla is - she came downstairs, laid on the couch, and fell asleep within 2 minutes. God help me if the other two are not asleep - after all the running around we did, how is that possible?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment