It seems I'm no longer quite a blogger - more of a recreational writer. I would love to say that I still had (1) the desire to update the blog more often, and (2) the time, but in reality both have fallen by the way side. The girls are doing more things - art class for Margot, soccer, school, and lots of play dates for Isla, and softball and school for Sawyer. Mark is in charge of keeping that ship moving in the right direction and does a great job. Luckily my schedule is still such that I work from home a lot so I get to have lunch with Mark and Margot a lot, often Isla too. I see the girls when they get home from school, but I also spend a lot of nights working after they go to bed. Such is life I guess.
No complaints here though - we lead a privileged life, and spent time over the last few months on vacation - Mark and I went to New Orleans and the whole family went to Florida. Our trip to New Orleans was a highlight - we were able to get away for a few days alone, walked many miles around that city as we explored, ate amazing food, and even ran through the city - a full marathon for Mark and a half for me. I think we both enjoyed the days leading up to the race way more than the actual races themselves, but so be it.
I feel like we spent a lot of time indoors this winter - it wasn't a terrible winter - hardly any snow. However it was cold enough that we didn't have much to do. So a few pictures I have from that time...us baking of course - always need to use our leftover xmas cutout dough to make some cookies for Valentine's day.
I'm not sure where Sawyer was - she would have been around for the decorating, but must have been gone for the cookie making itself. Margot has rapidly taken after her sisters and hasn't met a dough she doesn't like to sample ahead of time. She's actually the worst about it - the others will usually listen if I yell enough, but not this one.
They love to do the cutouts...favorite thing...
Our girls set up their own indoor store - complete with fans selling for 25 cents. They made something like 80 fans - I think because Mark was loving that it kept them busy for an hour or so, using every single piece of construction place we had. The one problem is the workforce was 60% of the household so they looked to us to buy a fan, and after we each bought one there were 78 remaining. haha - we threw a ton out eventually but we have been finding fans all over the house for weeks.
Thankfully it wasn't too long before we got out of dodge - on the road to Florida we go!! Grandma and Grandpa were extremely kind to indulge us in a 10 day vacation at their house. I think I'll have to add other pictures late from my phone as I may have more on there than our camera, but we did a lot. We went to an Easter Egg hunt, which grossly under-describes it. There was an amazing brunch that we all indulged in, there was an Easter bunny posing for as many pics as you wanted, there were balloon animals, horses, goats, and then...an Easter egg hunt. Sawyer didn't make it due to an allergy flair up (pollen count was high) which caused her face to swell and required some much needed rest. Don't feel bad - we brought tons of treats home.
We hit up the aquarium, the beach, spent tons of time in the pool, ate out at some yummy places, and just spent time with Grandma and Grandpa, Grandpa Joe, Al, Jon and Harlow, and the O'Connors and Kanes. It was a lighter group than we've had in other years but still fun. Best of all, the girls got to spend time with their cousin Harlow. Margot and Harlow are now besties which is great - they like to facetime each other these days, with Margot and then our fish being Harlow's first requests.
All the kids took to the pool and Sawyer and Isla especially were little fish. They picked up a lot of their skills right where they left off and are ready for a summer full of swimming at the pool. Last year Isla used to use a vest every now and then but not needed this summer! I think the pool will be less stressful knowing two of the kids know how to swim, and the third will always have a vest on.
We tried to give Harlow our favorite red polka dot swim suit - which she looked super cute in. This was Margot's favorite, and someone it ended up back in our suitcase. I think it was fate and Margot has taken to wearing it this spring on a couple of warm days when we broke out the sprinkler.
Somehow I don't have a single photo of Margot in one of her many cute suits. Thankfully I got at least one of Sawyer. She sure has grown up in the last year. This girl is playing softball right now and is really quite athletic we think. She was signed up for lacrosse too - something she really enjoys too and wanted to learn more about, but we had to take her out because they were at competing times so I think we figured out what to sign her up for in the fall.
While in Florida we also dyed some easter eggs. All four girls got into it with Grandma overseeing.
If I knew what to do with all the eggs we should have gotten more just because it kept them so interested.
And one of the best benefits was having Aunt Alicia around to braid hair. She loves doing it, and the girls like that I'm not doing it. Isla was modeling hers off here.
Also very important, the Easter bunny came. We lucked out in that Grandpa had been given a giant easter bunny two days before, and it became the centerpiece of the girls basket. For as big as it was, this thing did not last long.
And now there's less to say. We're back in the DG. Doing the spring thing - loving when we have the super warm days. We had some 80 degree days and Mark had the girls going to the park every day, playing outside a lot and it was a great preview to summer. I feel like the older two have been off doing their thing a lot lately and that leaves Mark and I with this munchkin. She sure is cute, but also heading into the torrential threes. I always thought the 3s were worse than the 2s, and she is proving no exception. This girl is head-strong and not afraid to express her position, or just flop on the floor crying because she didn't get what she wanted. Boo-hoo.
Lots of people lately say that Margot is the spitting image of me, and while I think Sawyer has a lot of similarities to me, sometimes looking at Margot even scares me because I see so much of me in her. Side note - one of the things that makes me laugh about Sawyer all the time is that she looks just like Mark when she sleeps. He would often fall asleep, flip on his stomach, and lay on his arms/hands, and Sawyer does the exact same thing. I find it such a bizarre position that it instantly makes me smile. But I digress. Love this girls eyes...if only she would let us pull her hair back more often.
And one last shot - I tried to get Isla and Margot playing soccer in the yard and this is the best shot I got. Isla is getting to be a good player, but Margot also seems to like it. For a 2 year old, it surprises me that she understands not to touch the ball with her hands, and how to run/dribble the ball, and then kick it...prodigy i tell you.
And that may have caught us up a bit. Now that the girls are in sports and we're outside more I hope to take more pictures - I've barely touched the camera in the last six months. But it's always more fun to take pictures outside. We've been planting flowers, weeding, and getting the patio all ready for time outside...come on sun...show us what you can do...
No comments:
Post a Comment