Monday, February 23, 2009
Sickness Continues
Sawyer and I are still sick - although I now believe I'm getting closer to getting better, and Sawyer seems in better spirits. I took Sawyer to the doctor on Thursday night and they told me she has an ear infection in one ear. I wasn't so happy about that, or the fact that the doc (not our normal one) was incredibly pessimistic and blamed everything on day care, and made it sound Sawyer will be sickly throughout her childhood. After initially being a little angry, I'm now choosing to see it as a challenge, and would like to prove him wrong just to spite him. Was pretty lazy this weekend about taking pictures - I'll blame it on the illness, but really we just didn't do anything eventful. Mark and I went to the Bulls game on Friday and left Sawyer with a new babysitter. She worked out well, so we now have two people to call if we want to go out. Saturday we cleaned to try and rid our house of the sickly germs, and relaxed the rest of the weekend. We took Sawyer out Sunday afternoon for lunch to Krolls so that her dad could have a cheeseburger. She was great at the restaurant - I really think she likes going because she's so nosy and likes to people watch...what can I say like mother, like daughter.
If I get a chance, I'll download the pics Mark took of Sawyer eating her prunes the other day as I think they're cute. She has now tried Applesauce, Pears, and Prunes. I think she likes all of them - she fusses a bit in general when she's eating, but we have found if you sing to her she will be fine. Singing applies to pretty much anything - changing her diaper, getting her dressed, feeding her. The girl loves singing, and I think picked up her dad's love of music. Anyway - tonight we try peaches!
Hope everyone is doing well - we are waiting for warm weather in Chicago, and wishing we were on the cruise with Grandma and Grandpa Harris right now. Not sure if they'll check the blog, but hope they're having fun celebrating their 40th anniversary in the Caribbean. Also - Happy Birthday to Grandpa, Uncle Ted and (soon to be) Uncle Jon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment