Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bruuuuce...

That's what we heard a lot of last night - Mark and I went to the Bruce Springsteen concert - and I thought it was great. I have always wanted to go see him, and finally did. Mark is usually the man with the plan when it comes to concerts and buying tickets, but this was "my" concert, as he told me. They started the show off with Badlands, and i immediately flashed to riding in Mary Sheehan's car with her singing this to me. Her love for Bruce is strong. Anyway - it was a great mix of songs I knew, and songs I didn't...and a big part of the show seems to be jamming by the band. Either way, it was a nice night out and now I never have to say "I've always wanted to go see Bruce Springsteen". No regrets here. Which does bring me to my next topic - I think that regret is an unfortunate feeling, and I try not to have many. That said, one of my least favorite things to feel is guilt, something which I'm experiencing a lot of today. I'm pretty sure i'm overreacting, but it's still on the mind, so i'm going to write about it. Today there is a mommy and me breakfast at Sawyer's day care from 9-10. Not exactly the best hours for me, and I have a lot of work to get done before taking vacation next week, but while these events are meant to be fun, i can't help but think that they conjure up some serious guilty feelings in a person if you can't go. I've already made the choice to send her there and for me to work, but who knew all it takes is the mommy and me breakfast to push you over the edge and feel guilty about that decision. Now, no one go overreacting when they read this - i'm not writing this so i get a million emails telling me i made the right decision...i'm just venting. And with that, I suppose I should really get back to it...

No comments: