In other news, Sawyer is at a very fun age. We've attached a video below of her playing with her ball. We love it because of Sawyer's laughs...still working on the hand/eye coordination. She now realizes she needs to catch the ball but is much too slow to do it herself.
Have a few random pictures of Sawyer walking/playing. She pretty much gets around on her own now, but still will grab our fingers when she wants to go to the back bedrooms. She's pretty fast when she holds on to us. A few other random things I can think of:
- Sawyer learned how to dance in the last two weeks. While Mark was away I had the tv or ipod on alot, and if a commercial came on with a song, or anything like that, Sawyer would kind of stop what she was doing and then bounce up and down. Her moves are not fully developed but I like what I see so far.
- She's not really talking a lot. She still babbles all the time, and will say da-da and ma-ma, but her closest word after that I think is dog. Girl love her some dogs. We have Porter, our giant stuffed dog, who she will kiss/eat his face, but when we see them on the street she goes crazy grunting and pointing, and it often sounds like she's saying dog. I could be reading into it. Similarly, she's taken a big interest in her 101 Dalmations book. She points/talks to the book A LOT.
- Sawyer understands what a lot of things are, although she won't say them - if you ask her to get a book, ball, dog, or car she goes and gets the appropriate toy or will look around for it until found. She is really into playing with her ball, and reading her books right now.
- I may/may not have taught Sawyer how to give kisses. The jury is still out, but I always give her kisses and make a "mmm'ing" noise when i do it. We started to give kisses to her doll together, and the other day she would lean in to me, and say "mmm"...and she has started making the "mwah" noise too with it. She doesn't do it often, but I think she knows what she's doing.
- Sawyer seriously enjoys emptying drawers. She hasn't really gotten into the kitchen cupboards thankfully, but she's constantly emptying our coffee table drawers, and will walk us back to her bedroom where she empties her sweater drawer, and only the sweater drawer.
- Other than that, I got a pretty big kick out of her yesterday. Daycare was closed, and I am sick so we were home together and while Sawyer was eating breakfast I had the Today Show on. Miley Cyrus was on, and it was incredible what a trance Sawyer went into. She doesn't watch TV at all, but she stared at Miley the entire time she sang and barely moved a finger. When she finished a song, she would clap! It was the weirdest thing to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment