Saturday, September 5, 2009

Together Again (Around The House)

This post will be authored in part by Mark and in part by Erin.
Mark
It's been a busy week. Erin and I worked and worked. I in Chicago and her in Seattle. This made for a very regimented work week and one-on-one time for us at home. But, we made it through unscathed and are enjoying a long weekend with mom finally home! Sawyer and I sang and danced a lot this past week to pass some time and read many many books. Today we put her in the new jailbird outfit I brought back from San Fransisco...it says Escaped from Alcatraz.
Erin and I both ran 5+ miles this morning in our efforts not to expire in our upcoming half and full marathons in the next month. We are severly behind any kind of schedule, but refuse to lose. Stay tuned on the results on all that.
Other than that we are looking forward to great weather, tennis (pro and personal), and an extra day to be a family. Here are a couple scenes from our front deck - Saturday afternoon.
Cherry Tomatoes
Willis Tower (sorry Mr. Sears (and Roebuck for that matter))

Erin

Hello my people. It is official, traveling makes life difficult in our house, but mark and sawyer did great. I on the other hand was missing them. On Sunday before I left Sawyer decided she was only going to go to her dad. She is a daddy's girl for sure, but she was ignoring me! Clearly she already knows how to press my buttons. When I left she had some black and blue marks on the forehead and cheek, and those have since healed and been replaced with some brand new scratches. Girl is all over the place, but sometimes her feet don't move as fast as her head. She's been super cheery today, talking up a storm...and is right now going from giving hugs to pushing chairs around the kitchen. We even chatted with Grandma, Al, Michelle, and Jon earlier online...their first foray into the world of video chats. We are planning a VERY low key weekend. The only thing we really have planned is a visit from Caroline and Kristan tomorrow for dinner. I think they're coming more for Sawyer but it will be good to hear how school has been going. Anyway, nap time is soon approaching, and we might be making it family nap hour, which is the best. We'll be sure to take some more pics this weekend and post again.

No comments: