Sunday, September 20, 2009

Almost there...

Well - five more days until this girl turns 1! I can hardly believe how fast this year has gone or how grownup our girl is getting. She still seems to change by the day. Mark was in training in the suburbs this week, and was away from home for three days. In that short time, Sawyer started walking up and down the long hallway we have. While she's been walking for awhile, the hallway always seemed a bit daunting, and she required atleast one hand to hold, but Thursday night she was doing laps and laughing the whole time. I think Mark was surprised to say the least. Sawyer is also starting to talk more - or her babble is starting to sound more like real words. She definitely has mama or mom, dada, milk, and dog, but there's so many others I think she's on the brink of. The other day at school I got her to keep saying moo to the cow.Mark and I were lucky enough to have two nights out this week - on Thursday we had a party for Mark's work, and on Saturday we ventured up to Sheboygan WI for a wedding. Both were tons of fun, but where the wedding was in Sheboygan was also quite beautiful. It was at Whistling Straits golf course - the wedding was outside and the reception in an old Irish Barn. We were both loving the locale. Our night ended a bit early due to some sore legs - mark is in training for marathons #7 and #8 coming up in 2 weeks - so our time on the dance floor was shortlived. This was only the second time that Sawyer has been away from Mark and me for a night - big thank you to Caroline for staying over and hanging with our girl. If you enlarge this pic - you can see just how long Sawyer's eyelashes really are....
No other great stories from this weekend. Today was a day of rest for the family. While Sawyer seemed to be going stir crazy a bit, the rain kept us inside for a day of rest. Anyway - I'm sure we'll have better posts next weekend - birthday festivities, another wedding, and if all goes well - the aquarium. We didn't get a great picture of Sawyer's dress below, but she looked so old and cute when she wore it - and it reminded me of Annie's dress (if it were red/white) so I decided to post.

1 comment:

Brian, Kelley, and Marley Sorrow said...

Awwwww - I LOVE HER!!! Can't believe she's almost 1. Unreal how time flies.