Thursday, September 24, 2009

Words

I'm sure i'll post again this weekend, but thought I'd share Sawyer's latest "words". We've told you about mama, dada, milk and dog before. My new favorites are Hot, Moo, and Duck. Mark taught Sawyer Hot. When we give her anything cooked now, she raises her hands and says "hot" over and over again...and then she digs right in and stuffs her face with the hot food...but she will stop to tell you it's hot...and then keep eating. Sawyer also has duck fully down now. I think she says duck better than dog personally. We have a picture of a duck on the wall, books on ducks and plastic ones for the tub. We've always pointed and said duck, and tried to get her to say quack quack...but so far we've only mastered duck. The last word is Moo, my favorite. You may remember I got Sawyer to say moo when she saw a cow at school, and she now says moo for EVERY animal. We have a lot of animal books, and yesterday Sawyer wanted her dad to read all of them to her - every page she would point and say moo...despite mark doing different sounds for each.

No comments: